Question about field survey authorization

Hello friends… calling all experts… I am in the process of securing legal representation to protect the interest on my 5 acre parcel (Sec 23, block 45). That being said, my husband got a call from a company named Ensite USA yesterday. They sent us a field survey authorization form on behalf of Salt Creek Midstream, LLC to survey my property for possible placement of pipelines. While the rep told my husband they normally pay landowners $300 per pipe placed, it doesn’t appear that any compensation is mentioned for conducting “various surveys” (other than compensation for any damage to my property resulting from surveys). Is this customary? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My experience with Wade Caldwell has been positive.

Lauren…I dunno if it’s a standard rate or not, but when Chesapeake did the 4D mapping of my farm and the surrounding land, they paid me $15/acre and had some ATVs and Vibrator trucks cross my property.

, Reeves county, Tx

:sunglasses::rofl::ribbon::heart:

I have worked with Wade Caldwell and have had very favorable results. He is a member on this website and resides in San Antonio. Knows Reeves County well.

1 Like

I reached out to Mr. Caldwell via email hoping he can help me.

Pipeline companies do not pay for surveys of location. You do not have the sign a survey permission form as presented but can modify it or use your own form. Recently more companies are adding all types of surveys, including environmental, rather than just limiting to someone walking or riding a 4-wheeler across the exact route on your property. You can cross out those references. You will be paid per rod (16-1/2 feet) for the pipeline. Lawrence’s reference to $15 per acre was for a seismic survey, not location of a pipeline.