Question about 1099 form received from Antero

Hi everyone,

I received a 1099-MISC form from Antero for my mineral interest in WV. The form has Rents and Royalties listed. I’m completing taxes with Turbo Tax and having these both listed is causing an error filing my taxes.

The rents portion of the 1099 is causing the confusion, I’m thinking this is an error and contacted Antero about a week ago with no response. If I list rents and royalties together the error is that there shouldn’t be rents and royalties on one 1099 form.

Turbo Tax looked into this and they said I just need to list an address for the Rents. Well I have partial interest in 5 properties. Schedule E has room for 1 address and when I add an address it assumes I’m renting a property to a person and requires additional forms.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if we’re missing something.

Does anyone know about how long it’s taken to hear back from Antero?

Thanks for any insight you have!

Caroline

Many oil companies combine different types of payments on a single 1099. Lease bonus may be listed as Other or as Rents. Or did you receive Delay Rentals or Easement or Surface Damages? You can treat as separate 1099s. Address can just be general, such as the county. Someone familiar with TurboTax can give you more specific instructions based on the program.

Thank you so much!

No Delay Rentals, Easement or Surface Damages. I’ll try this.

Thanks again for the fast reply and the information!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.