Purchase Offer

Good afternoon, all. I’m a newbie to all of this, having just inherited some mineral rights. Today, I received a letter from an acquisitions company on behalf of Kingdom Energy Partners. They offered me $4500/net mineral acre, based on 3/16 royalty for my interests in Sec 33, Township 8 North, Range 6 West. Is this something to pay any attention to? Is this an indication that there may be new activity in my area? Thanks in advance for your help!

You do not have to respond. Usually, offers go out when someone thinks they know something and they intend to make a profit off of you. Multiple section infill drilling is planned in section 35 near you, so offers frequently go out to surrounding sections. Usually first offers are lowball. I ignore them as our family keeps our minerals.

Thanks so much, Martha!

Martha, how do I find the OCC case number for that infill drilling?

Here are the permits. Found at the OCC well records site.

The increased density case number is 2023-002422. You can look it up on the Electronic Case Filing site. STR_ERROR_PAGE_TITLE You can scroll trhough and see the support documents. More are on the site. Note how many sections near 35/2 have infill wells.