Purchase offer 33-8N-5W

I’ve got an unusual and extremely high purchase offer for my mineral rights in 33-8N-5W. Does anyone know if there is something new going on there? I’ve always understood that purchase offers are very low. Is a sales bait-and-switch another tactic that is used? This offer makes no sense based on what I’m currently receiving. Thanks!

Hi Violet1,

Who was the offer from in this instance? Camino has drilled the Yippi-Ki-Yay unit just North of Section 33, could be someone interested in the acreage in 33.

Hope this helps,

RR

It’s from Kingdom Energy Partners.

Camino has two permits filed in 28 going into 21 & 16. Ovintive just filed four permits in 27 going into 34. EOG has pending cases for increased density in 29 & 32. When there are increased density filings, there are likely to be offer letters going out. Anyone buying intends to make a profit off a purchase. Mineral owners have to decide if they want that profit instead by just hanging on to what they have.

Thank you! I really don’t understand how all of this works. I have a lot to learn!

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you in our learning community. If you are brand new, then the Mineral Help tab above is a good starting place. If you just inherited, then let us know and we can give tips on what you need to do to get up to speed.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought I had looked at that tab, but I definitely haven’t. I inherited a few years ago, but have not made the time to learn about it. Changing that now!

Hi Violet1,

I don’t see that my last message went through, so I apologize if I’m repeating myself. First time I’ve posted to this forum. We have property near yours at 8N-5W. Wondering if you’d mind sharing your offer (or a ballpark) just for our reference?

Thank you! J

Welcome to the forum. Read through the recent posts in your county and you will get a good feel for the activity.

1 Like

It’s $6,000 per net mineral acre based on 3/16th royalty.

Oh, wow. Okay, thank you for sharing! J

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.