Purchase of mineral rights

I have received an offer from Westgate Mineral Group to purchase mineral rights my brothers and I own in E/2 NE/4 of Section 3, Township 3 South, Range 12 East. Anyone else been approached by this company? If so, have you decided to sell to them? We have not had any interest in leasing the mineral rights since 2009 so we are considering selling. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

There has been no significant activity in that section for a long time. If you do decide to sell, always ask for more as first offers are usually low. Or just pass the acreage onto your family and they will get the benefit of the step up in value if any.

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful and we will have to decide what we want to do.

My wife and her brother have rights in Sec 32, T3S, R12 E, and have also been approached by Westgate. We are trying to learn more about what may be going on.

I received a phone message from Westgate regarding my interest in (Section 14-4S-12E). I haven’t returned the call as I have no interest in selling my minerals and expect their offer to be ridiculously low. If I were interested selling, I would try to wait for the oil market to pick up.