Public leasing records richland county montana

How can I get recent oil & gas leasing records from Richland County Montana. Seems like they should be public records, but can’t find anything at all on Richland County website. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info. I live in another state and have received several offers for different sections from different landmen/companies. Different bonus, different royalties in offers. Do you, or does anyone know the basic current going rate for Bakken leases? Ballpark figures? High? Low?

Also, in the market for an attorney in Sidney. One that can advocate for us and not the landman/oil companies.

Chase Guidry said:

They are public record, but you need to visit the Richland County Clerk of Court’s office to search/view the records.

Have you ever been to Richland County, Montana? The courthouse is not in the middle of town, but on a side street where you would never find it if you didn’t ask a local for directions. The courthouse is a WPA era structure that looks completely unchanged from its original construction. The record room is about the size of an average motel room and is crowded if more than 4 folks are in there. Looking for them on line is about like looking for inside information on the CIA on line. IT AIN’T GONA HAPPEN!!!

we recently leased ours for $500 per acre and 18.75% a little later others in our spacing unit got $500 an 20%

carol johnson said:

Thanks for the info. I live in another state and have received several offers for different sections from different landmen/companies. Different bonus, different royalties in offers. Do you, or does anyone know the basic current going rate for Bakken leases? Ballpark figures? High? Low?

Also, in the market for an attorney in Sidney. One that can advocate for us and not the landman/oil companies.

Chase Guidry said:
They are public record, but you need to visit the Richland County Clerk of Court’s office to search/view the records.

Thanks for all the information.

to mborgen: So you are in N. dakota? Our area in Williston Basin in MT is unproven for Bakken or Three Forks, which have been referenced. Have received offers for $200 - $350 bonus and 16.5% - 18.75% Any ideas?

m borgen said:

we recently leased ours for $500 per acre and 18.75% a little later others in our spacing unit got $500 an 20%

carol johnson said:

Chase Guidry said:

Recently received request to extend soon to expire lease (2011) in Richland County MT, T26N,R55E of MPM,Sec 28,30,and 33, for an additional 3 yrs @ $325/net A. Is this the going rate?

Can I ask you what your original lease terms were?

A relative has a 5 yr lease in Richland County, Township 26 Range 52, parts of Sections 5 and 6 (155 gross acres), and his terms are $10 per net mineral acre and a 1/8 royalty. Yes, you read that right. I am checking with him to see when it’s up for renewal.

Joseph W. Martin said:

Recently received request to extend soon to expire lease (2011) in Richland County MT, T26N,R55E of MPM,Sec 28,30,and 33, for an additional 3 yrs @ $325/net A. Is this the going rate?

I have net acrs or 5.9259 with gross acrs of 160 in richmond co montana in the bakken area i was offered 350.00 per acre for my mineral rights with 18% royalty I am wondering could i get some input from other mineral right owners i live in oregon so i am not up to date with all of the new information as to the bakken detail i would appreciate any and all input i believe the offer is fair but i also think i need to be carefull thank you.

Theresa Hennen said:

I have net acrs or 5.9259 with gross acrs of 160 in richmond co montana in the bakken area i was offered 350.00 per acre for my mineral rights with 18% royalty I am wondering could i get some input from other mineral right owners i live in oregon so i am not up to date with all of the new information as to the bakken detail i would appreciate any and all input i believe the offer is fair but i also think i need to be carefull thank you.

Depends on where you are in Richland County. How do you know it is a fair offer? There isn't much unleased "Bakken acreage" in Richland County. Beware of the fast talking oilman. Suggest you might join the Northeast Montana Land and Mineral Owners Association to receive newsletters of what is goin on.

Theresa:

I agree that you need to do some serious homework before leasing as $350/acre bonus seems on the low side for this area. I would also negotiate for 20% royalty. This County has been one of the most active Eastern Montana counties over the past year. I can't quote you the average current bonus but I think that you will find the amount offered is low.

Theresa Hennen said:

the site is township 21 north range 59 east mpm section 26 sw 1/4 anyway that is what is on my paperwork my family the hennen's homesteaded this property several years ago and i inherited through my father thank you for your input if you have any other thoughts could you let me know thank you again theresa hennen

iCynthia Johnson said:

Theresa Hennen said:

Depends on where you are in Richland County. How do you know it is a fair offer? There isn't much unleased "Bakken acreage" in Richland County. Beware of the fast talking oilman. Suggest you might join the Northeast Montana Land and Mineral Owners Association to receive newsletters of what is goin on.

i am wondering do i take the first offer or should i negotiate and play hard ball i am trying to do all the research i can but boy some of it is confusing thank you for input
charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

I agree that you need to do some serious homework before leasing as $350/acre bonus seems on the low side for this area. I would also negotiate for 20% royalty. This County has been one of the most active Eastern Montana counties over the past year. I can't quote you the average current bonus but I think that you will find the amount offered is low.

Theresa Hennen said:

Theresa:

Looking at the area around T21N;R59E;Section 26, there are a few active wells to the North in T21N;R59E;Sections 24, 11, 12, 7. Your area is possibly under the radar for future developement and leasing is being conducted in the area. I would still do some research, check with someone who holds minerals in your area and get an idea of what the going rate is for that area. You might want to post on this forum under "Richland" County which consists of individuals who have an interest in this county. Click on "Groups" at the top of this page and follow to "County" Groups and then to Montana then to Richland County. Someone on this site might advise what the current bonus and royalty rates are for this area.

Theresa Hennen said:

i am wondering do i take the first offer or should i negotiate and play hard ball i am trying to do all the research i can but boy some of it is confusing thank you for input
charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Theresa Hennen said:

i appreciate your time and advice thank you
charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Looking at the area around T21N;R59E;Section 26, there are a few active wells to the North in T21N;R59E;Sections 24, 11, 12, 7. Your area is possibly under the radar for future developement and leasing is being conducted in the area. I would still do some research, check with someone who holds minerals in your area and get an idea of what the going rate is for that area. You might want to post on this forum under "Richland" County which consists of individuals who have an interest in this county. Click on "Groups" at the top of this page and follow to "County" Groups and then to Montana then to Richland County. Someone on this site might advise what the current bonus and royalty rates are for this area.

Theresa Hennen said:

charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Theresa Hennen said:

thank you everyone for your input

thank you everyone for your advice i sold my mineral rights 5 years ago on one track of land approx 6 acres my father willed it to me as a small child I thought i had sold all my mineral rights when i got a letter the other day i live in oregon and my land mineral rights are in sidney mt apparently i still have approx 6 acres of mineral rights and now am being asked to lease it my offer was 350.00 per acre with 18% royalty which i think is a fair offer i negotiated and was offered 375.00 per acre and 18% royalty i again would like any and all input i have not sent off the notarized copy as of yet please if you have any input i feel stupid for selling my mineral rights 5 years ago due to financial hardship i dont want to be screwed again thank you my area is township 21 north range 59 e MPM section 26 sw 1/4

I agree with you i live in oregon and have been trying to figure out my mineral rights in that county my father willed me approx 12 acres i stupidly sold my rights of 6 acres 4 years ago but maintained the other 6 i was sent a letter the other day with an offer i dont know what to accept i am unsure of the potiental of the balkken site and would like to be thinking im getting a fair offer for my site my site is township 21 north range 59E MPM Section 26 SW 1/4 thank you theresa hennen

Could you please tell me what type of research would be the most benifical thank you theresa hennen

charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Theresa Hennen said:

charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Theresa Hennen said:

Theresa:

I think the % royalty is fair even though I would try to negotiate 20% but the $375/acre bonus seems on the low side. My minerals are located to the North and I'm not sure about the current "fair" bonus rates for this area. I would do some research before signing.

Theresa Hennen said:

Could you please tell me what type of research would be the most benifical thank you theresa hennen

charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Theresa Hennen said:

charles s mallory said:

Theresa:

Theresa Hennen said: