Property in Custer Co question

My brother and I inherited mineral rights to Section 20-T15N-R20W, we have a 3 lease not quite a year in, we were interested in knowing about activity near the property, or anything that may be in the works.

I do not see any new permits on your section, but Mewbourne has a permit in section 32/6 just to the south of you.

If you just inherited, make sure that your names and the probate information are on file in the Custer County courthouse with the recorder of deeds. Mewbourne has several OCC cases that have been filed your your section. You should have received them. If not, then they do not know about you and you need to contact them. They are planning a well with section 20/29.

We haven’t contacted the courthouse, we’ve still been getting multiple offers, so I think we assumed that everything was correct on their end. What type of cases are they filing?

it is the heirs responsibility to file in the courthouse. Or you will not get the mailings you need to get. Mewbourne is filing the cases that will allow drilling on your section. Do you need Mewbourne’ contact info? You need to get your names and addresses to them as well as get your info filed in the courthouse.

Yes the Mewbourne information would be great, thanks.

And the clerk said my brother did the name / ownership changes shortly after we inherited the mineral rights, I think he forgot he submitted the paperwork… lots of issues to clean up at the time.

Meredith is the official contact for Mewbourne. She may need to put you in touch with the proper person for the OCC Case filings for your section, township and range.