Production Timelines

I apologize if this has been addressed, and realize also there may be no set answer. My wife and I sold our property about 10 years ago, but did manage to thankfully retain 50% of the royalty rights to the minerals. As I understand it, we only get money if an oil/gas well produces. That being said, I was wondering if there is a general timeline to the process. The land where our acreage was located has been pooled (approx 99 acres) and two wells have approved permits posted on the RRC site as of 8/15 and 8/16 respectively. Is there a general timeline for the process that would give us an idea of how soon to expect some, if any royalties? From what I have found so far, I am of the understanding that once the wells are drilled and pressure tested you are still looking at 2-3 months before they produce. What I don't know the timeline from the permit approval to the time they actual send out the drillers to start working on drilling the well.

Any knowledge guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

I see quite a bit of activity on this site, but it doesn’t appear anyone has had a chance to respond to this post. Did I post it in the wrong place?

Thanks again, Jason

1. Are you named on the P-12 for the permits? If so, that is good. If not, you've better get on there. Did you get an oil lease, and any bonus $$ ?

2. Takes a month to drill (once the rig is there), and could take 1-3 months to frac (b'cause of delays). ONCE production starts, it will take ~ 6mos before you get your first royalty check. You will get a 'division order' sometime after production, and before you get checks.