Production payements in suspension

Good day, I currently have a small interest in the following Tryon 1-11MH in section in 2-16n-3e in Lincoln county. . I was contacted by the current operator on Thursday and stated that their an issue with title issue with the captioned lease. she states she found I was the only legal person entitled to the proceeds from 2017 to 2020 that proceeds will be release within a month. This well has several oil and gas vendors and due to covid 19 they are not releasing proceeds at this time. I was wondering if anybody MBarnes can give some insight. I have a final degree issue in 1994 and and sign by the judge in Lincoln County at that time. In addition I have not receive any division orders from this vendors from 2016 to 2020. I would like to know if I have any legal options with these vendors. Thanks

Truevine Operating was listed as the operator. They sold to Roberson Oil company in early 2018, so you may have to claim from both of them. The surface location is in section 2, but the production is in section 11. First production is listed as Dec 2016. Superior Pipeline Company LLC (gas) and Ascent Midstream Partners LLC (oil) are the reporting companies on the OK tax site.

There were 398 respondents for the pooling, so you are not the only person entitled to proceeds. You might be the only person in your family due proceeds but I see another Dumas on the pooling order.

I would suggest that you send a certified mail return receipt letter to both Truevine and Roberson and request payment and the statutory interest on the late payments. (Keep a copy of everything!) Whether you get the 12% or a lessor amount due to title issues will have to be taken up with them. Make sure that your probate is filed in the county. If it was filed back in 1994 then you have a better shot at the 12%. The well is not stunning, so you may not get a whole lot of royalties. The operator is usually ultimately responsible for paying, not the vendors.

Covid has challenged lots of operators due to slow downs, working from home, etc. Go ahead and send the demand letters and a current W-2. You do not need a Division Order to get paid in OK, but once I get one, I usually send the NADOA form back or write a letter that lists my name, address, description of the acreage, name of the well, royalty amount and the decimal amount (if it is correct). I also add a sentence that the letter does not change any terms in the lease or the pooling order.

Thanks M Barnes, I have the orginial Division order from Dhcp, who sold to Suoerior Pipline . I will also call the oil comany that bought before Ascent took over. I found the sunoco was bought out by a firm in Houston, so I will call them in addition. I am to receive an phone call from Roberston oil on Monday. I also found the final decree in October 1994 so I am good their on file. I need to call contact Truevine to see if they revenue in suspension. Thanks again

Try the Unclaimed funds from the OK State Treasurer’s office just in case the previous companies put something there. Try your name and the ancestor’s name

No moneys from any oil companies in state unclaimed funds. I have two calls in to Dhcp and Roberston oil. I called Sunoco and Superior pipiline. no responses from either company, We will see what happens… P.S where do you find the pooling order for the lease. Thanks Lee

The link is: http://www.occeweb.com/caseprocessingonline/default.aspx

The OCC just revamped their website, so if that doesn’t work, let me know and I will find the new link. (they may be down on Tuesday Jan 26 for a bit). You may be looking for 201505956.

I think Martha meant send a W-9 form to each of the operators. If title is clear they should owe interest Covid or no-Covid.

Ok Richard, I send a W9 Yeteresday to Roberston in Ada, I will see what happend in the next thirty days. all legal title work was done in 1994 and has been on file with a final dcree in october 1994. I do not understand why thay cannot access records like most on this forum. Thanks Lee

OOPS, I did mean that you should send a current W-9 to each of the recent operators. (Tax season on my mind.) Don’t be surprised if you get a check with just the royalties first and then a second check with the interest. The interest is statutory, Covid or No Covid. If you are owner of record and your title is clear, they owe you. That is why it is so important to keep copies of everything you send to anyone and send by certified return receipt mail if it involves money!

Thanks M Barnes, does the interest on revenues have gross production taxes on the interest aspect. Yes I have copies of the W9 in my possession. .Thanks again Lee

I have the pooling order and others information. Thanks Mrs. Barnes, My grandmother dies in 1993. I have all her probate done in 1994. I was the administrator of the estate and was the only living sole on that estate in question. Her name and ny name comes up in the pollling information. I sign the lease and lease procceds and have copy in hand. I call dcp and they referred me back ascent midstream and left a vm. i was told by oil rep roberston that I will receive procceds from oil in a few days per email. I will wait 30 days for all the paper work to come threw and then I am going to see legal rep. Thanks Lee

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.