Producers 88 (7-69)with 640 acre pooling provision

The family owns 216 acres in a old oil field. 30% of the family joined the unit in 1982 70% did not. The family was paid accordingly. A % was based on the unit production a % was based on the lease production . 107 acres didnt have production but was leased in 1982 because it was in the formation/unit boundaries , however, the EOR didn’t take off due to poor oil prices. In 2001 another producer leased the 107 acres and bought the oil field. The 2001 lease is a producers 88(7-69)with 640 acre pooling. The family specifically spelled out on the addendum that no lands would become part of the Unit, however all the storage tanks on the 216 acres disappeared and we got a one page division order with our % of interest greatly reduced. This is how stupid we are: we thought the new division order was because of adding the 107 acres to the existing lease? We didn’t know that we were being treated as if we were in the unit . Now I am the only living heir that knows anything about the history of the field and I am slowly putting the puzzle together , My question(s) (1) can this LEASE producers 88, make our land be in the unit even if we put NO LANDS SHALL JOIN THE UNIT on the addendum? (2) if it does not join us to the unit then 30% remains leased 70% is out of lease on non-productive tracts? (3) can I get surface damages for the 3 pads they made when they put 3 pump jacks on wells that were non-productive for 50+ yrs along with damages for the flow lines ,electric lines , and roads they now put on the non-productive tract.? Thx Modd

It would be more helpful if you posted the state and county where you are. Pooling rules are different from state to state. Do you own surface rights or just the minerals? You will probably have to consult with an oil and gas attorney who is licensed in your state to get the correct answers. There are several listed in the Directories tab above.

Sorry M_Barnes, Texas is the location. I own 100% of the surface rights in 64 acres and I own 28% of the undivided mineral interest in 216 acres or 59 mineral acres. Thank You MODD

You will definitely need to touch base with an oil & gas attorney licensed in TX. Gather all the documents that you have in order to save time and money.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.