Produced water now mined for Lithium Carbonate, becomes fresh water, successfully

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA / June 14, 2018 / MGX Minerals Inc. (“MGX” or the “Company”) (CSE: XMG / OTCQB: MGXMF / FSE: 1MG) and engineering partner PurLucid Treatment Solutions Inc. (“PurLucid”) are pleased to report a successful demonstration event of the NFLi-5 commercial-scale rapid lithium extraction system, which is now ready for deployment. The demonstration occurred at PurLucid’s laboratories in Calgary, Alberta and was attended by oil and gas companies, industrial customers, lithium brine owners and local and international media.

PurLucid’s water treatment technologies, which purify wastewater brine, have been integrated with a newly developed lithium recovery process. Combined, this Cleantech process does not require the construction of large, multi-phase, lake sized, lined evaporation ponds, greatly reducing the physical footprint and enhancing the quality of extraction and recovery across a complex range of brines previously considered un-processable due to complexity or geographical location outside of solar evaporation appropriate zones. This includes oil and gas wastewater, natural brine, and other brine sources such as lithium-rich mine and industrial plant wastewater.

/////////////////////////////////////// So, with this process we will be faced with the headache of WHERE to store all the Trillions of gallons of produced brine water turned back into fresh water. Convert those frack water tanks into man made fresh water lakes and stock them with fish, I guess, and get the RRC and Texas Fish and Wildlife to let the fresh water be released down the dry creeks to flow into the Pecos River and down to the Rio Grand river…maybe.

I posted this to help the land/mineral owners know the pressures developing on the oil and gas recovery industry in the Permian and Delaware Basins. Wholesale conversion of produced brine water to fresh water will change the economics of oil and gas exploration/production.

It will affect me directly with the Saltwater Disposal Well on my property.

ol’ Lawrence in Verhalen

I will start looking for my lakeshore lot on Toyah Lake.

Man made lakes of produced brine made into fresh water would soon cover the whole Delaware Basin (Coby/Cabot has three wildcat wells on the east side of Hwy 17 along Wild Rose Pass that are producing together 55,000 barrels of brine water every 24 hours…and they are trucking it out…some of it to me.

So, I’m thinking they will have to make special provision to allow the brine made into fresh water to flow down the dry creek beds to the Pecos River and on down to the Rio Grand and the Gulf of Mexico. Land owners along the dry creeks could then dam up small areas and make fishing lakes and water recreation areas to bring in a little income off the water flowing through their land.
Not a bad consequence of drilling for oil and gas in this area, is it? The producing companies will of course pay for the brine to be cleaned and made into fresh water…but then they won’t have to pay to dispose of produced brine in dry sand formations underground and the tree huggers can’t claim injection of saltwater in disposal wells like mine is causing earthquakes in the area.