Problem receiving royaltes from Durango (Oxbow)

Oxbow was sold to Durango Resources in early 2022. Two of us mineral holders were never notified nor sent a division order. We just stumbled across the error during a tax appraisal. After contacting Durango the acted like they did not know who we were. After many emails and phone call they finally admitted they had infact aquired the Oxbow lease and past royalties. Now they are dragging thier feet sending us a division order. I think they are crooks. Has anyone had a problem like this or with Durango?

69800, I have known the owner of Durango Resources for nearly 50 years. You are very fortunate to have Durango as your operator. They are unique in their ability to extend the life of old fields.

I understand Oxbow sent transfer division orders to all the owners prior to the Durango acquisition. Durango is paying all owners that have returned signed division orders.

Probably the best advice is to contact Oxbow for a replacement division order.

If you private message me I am happy to intervene on your behalf. Don

1 Like

You need to send your request for the Division Order by certified mail return receipt and keep a copy of everything that you send. Also request interest.

Thank you all. My cousin finally got his division order sent signed and returned in mid Jun. Still no royalty check. Lisa at Durango told me she did not know who I was. I sent her an Oxbow 1099 and finally after week she said the reason was my name was spelled wrong. (unlikely) I had the very same situation a couple of month ago when Double Barrel took over Sabinal. I called them after I found out. They said Energy Transfer was the gather. I contacted them and had a division order in 3 days and a week later got a check for the last 18 months. You will never convince me Durango is on the level. I have saved every email and certified mail reciept. I will wait another week for at least a response and we both will file a complaint with Secretary of State . BTW I heard somewhere that Cima is the gather for Durango. Can anyone confirm this. Maybe I should try to find them.

M Barnes are you in the business of helping people straighten out who owns what and where. I inherited the real estate properties that have been passed down since the 1800’s and have now Idea what I am doing…?

69800, To properly set you expectation, depending on when the signed division order is received, a 1 to 2 month delay in receiving your first royalty check is unfortunately normal. You should review your last Oxbow check and determine the last production month you were paid. Then compare confirm the first Durango check includes the immediately following month.

If Durango is able to extend the productive life of your minerals, then they will have been good for you. That is what they do.

You may need the help of a landman to straighten everything out. I am a certified geologist but am not certified as a landman.

this has always been my best producer starting with Sabinal then Oxbow. My last Oxbow producing month was in Feb 2022. Then nothing. The first of June 2023 the mineral appraiser said that Oxbow has been transfered to Durango in March of 2022 and that Oxbow had forwarded the royalty pay deck to Durango. That was over a year ago. Durango should have sent me a division order but never did until I contacted them. Then all of the BS I went though to convince them that was my property just did not smell right. I have done at least 10 division orders in the past 5 or 6 years and have never had any problems until now. My cousin owns another property they aquired and is going through the same thing with them.

It is very frustrating when these issues happen. You are smart to keep all of your correspondence. Make sure that all of the relatives and you have your names and addresses properly filed in the counties where you own mineral rights along with a description of the mineral rights and any relevant probate or title documents. The courthouse is the official repository for deeds and title documents. If there are typos or misspellings, that is where to correct them (along with the operator).

Problem solved. I did not realize they were processing hundreds of clients from their take over…thanks all

I question whether or not that unit is producing in paying quantities! :thinking::thinking::fire: only one way to find out

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.