Probation an estate

In our mother’s will mineral Rights were not specifically mentioned. So "probating the estate would have to be done in the state where she resided, correct, i.e. Minnesota. So if mineral rights were in North Dakota then an attorney would be needed who practices in both Minnesota and North Dakota, correct.

Yes, this is correct. The attorney doesn’t necessarily need to hold licenses in both, but will need to coordinate with an attorney in ND as well as MN.

Thank you…I thought so.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.