Price per barrel

Today oil is priced at $116.88. I know the revenue checks are a couple of months behind when I get a check from Camino but I do not receive anything close to that amount per barrel on my revenue checks. I have not even been paid $90.00 per barrel as of yet. They can’t still be hedging (if that is what they do) that far in advance, can they?

March 2022 oil sale price was $106 and change/bbl from Camino. February price was less than $90/bbl. This is from a small royalty, so we don’t get a check every month.

My March sales from Camino was $107.84/bbl. $89.99 in February. I suspect the difference has something to do with something Martha has said in the past about all dinosaurs not being created equal.

Prices such as WTI are based upon a certain gravity of oil, sweetness, deliverability, etc. What you actually get depends upon the gravity of your oil, sweetness, contracts that your operator has with carriers, and possibly transportation and other fees determined by your lease language. OK is generally less that WTI. WTI- also are looking at a day price or a spec future price and we are getting paid for a certain time frame in arrears.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.