Price for area with potential (maybe)?

I just got an offer to sell my approx.18 acres, non-participating royalty interest in Section 43, Block 35, T-6-N, Dawson County. Should I hold or sell? And what’s a decent price? The would-be buyer’s second offer to me is $450 an acre. Thanks in advance,

You may get a better answer if you post over in the Texas Minerals category in the Dawson county sub category. Folks that are watching that particular area may have more information. As a side note, any time I get an offer, I wonder what they know that I don’t know because I am pretty sure they plan on making a profit off of me. The offer will be based on potential for their future revenue. Are more wells about to get drilled, is a pipeline coming in, etc.

1 Like

This link will open the Texas RRC GIS Map Viewer on a dry hole drilled on your section in 1980. Note that CGS Operating has recently permitted horizontal wells approximately 7 miles W-SW of your section. Search “CGS Operating” in this forum to learn more about CGS Operating and EOG Resources’ activities in Gaines and Dawson counties.

1 Like

Thanks for all your insights on this question.

Thanks for all your time and effort researching this.

You are welcome! Glad to try to help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.