Price/acre Dawson county sec M

Question - what’s the fair price per acre for this lease? The East Half of the Southwest Quarter (E/2 SW/4) of Section 44, Block M, EL & RR Co. Survey, Dawson County, Texas, We were offered . • $400.00/acre bonus consideration
• 25.00 % royalty • 3 year term • 2 year option to renew at the same bonus rate

$400 /acre is better than the offers in section 77 of $300 so I would sign the contract.

Thanks, very helpful information.

Can you counter with $450/A? If they say no, you can take their offer. The reason I like your offer is because they are offering 25% royalty. Much better than the CGS (hope I remembered that correctly) offers others have described of 20%.

Good idea, you are helping me think outside the box. thanks.

I’ve described our experience with CGS on this forum. Their initial offer was $400/A, 20%. Their final offers were $550/A, 22.5% or $500/A, 23%. We refused to agree to any offer without 25% royalty. To us, up-front money did not matter; we considered the royalty percentage offer most important. I think their 25% royalty offer is wonderful. I still would see if they would offer a larger signing bonus.

Keep us posted on the forum!

Jo54: If you do not mind telling us: Who made this offer to you was it CGS Operating LLC? Thank you