Prairie 0404 33-28 3WXH, 4WXH

Hey Arkomo, There are now 4 permits to drill wells in sections 33 and 28, 4N, 4W. The 3WXH and 4WXH were spud on June 3rd and 2nd respectively. The other two permitted wells are the 2WXH and the 5SXH. I believe the 5SXH is in the Goddard/Springer. It is also my belief that 9 wells have been approved for these sections in addition to the Prairie WXH that is producing now. I listened to the OCC proceedings on 4/12 via zoom when 4 Goddard wells got interim approval. Having a 5SXH and a 5WXH would lead one to believe that there will be even more wells. Plus there are two wells proposed for the Sycamore which I think are designated as the 2MXH and 4MXH. The M is for Mississipian. I have a picture of the rig but I don’t see how to load it anymore. It is big and loud and I saw three tractor trailers bringing in more pipe. One aspect of this permitting that perplexes me is how interim orders from the ALJ at the OCC become published as Permit to Drill (form 1001A).

Linden, thank you for the information. I knew of the 2,3,4 and 5. I sure didn’t know the 3 and 4 were already spud! The 2 and 5 are on my cousin’s land and they are moving equipment on it! I saw where Rimrock are trying to squeeze in a well just over on my section 35. I bet Marathon protests this. It is supposed to be brought before a judge on the 20th of this month. You might want to watch this also! I think everybody is trying to have there horizontal laterals close to the fault lines.
Please keep me posted. Tom

arkomo, I forgot to tell you that on June 15 and June 16 the 2WXH and the 5SXH were spud.

Yes Lyndon, I know! They are drilling it on my cousins land. He told me. But thanks for posting that ! I do appreciate it. I also saw where Marathons new Jewell well 2-4-33 4n4w became active on June 4th.

arkomo, have you checked with your cousin to see if they are fracking any of these 4 wells yet? I guess the Jewel is running from section 4 in 03N 04W. My interests are in section 28 04N04W but that is interesting.

Just talked to my cousin. He said they are out of water to be able to frack right now. That is sure disappointing! I will let you know if they advise me of a new update! Tom

Pretty sure they aren’t frac’ing because they are still drilling the wells.

HotRod, thanks for your input. Can you tell me more? I know the 3 and 4WXH were spud on June 2nd and 3rd. I saw the rig on June 8th located at SE, NE, SW, SE. Then I saw the well spud filing for the 2WXH and 5SXH with dates of June 15 and 16. CPRP has OCC approval but not permits that I can see for 4 more Goddard/Springer wells (1-4) and two Sycamore/Mississippi wells. Do you think they will drill more of these before they begin to frack? I look forward to hearing from you and arkomo.

No clue on plans for more wells, sorry. I just drove by the location and saw the rig was still huffin’ and puffin’.

HotRod64, thanks for the reply. I would have acknowledge it sooner but Covid finally struck my home. Anyway do you have a 64 hot rod or is that your vintage? If you drive by section 33 anymore I would appreciate it if you let us know what you observe. Thanks.

Actually both! I m restoring a 1964 Pontiac GTO which was also the year of my birth! Great year! Mostly because of the car though :wink:

I will be happy to share when I get back down in that neck of the woods again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.