Pooling

My family owns 10acres that is beside the Brisco property at Faith Ranch RD and San Pedro Ranch Road. Production is heavy in this area. Is it best to see if Chesapeake is interested in pooling or would leasing separately be a better scenario?

Hello Jason,

The company that leased some of my Texas property...included pooling in the lease paperwork. It is my understanding the RR commission requires pooling to safeguard owners. There are others on the website that may be able to shed more light on the topic. My property is in Dawson Co. - note: there is a lot of information on the Dawson Co thread that you may want to take a look at.

Thank you for the information. I'll definitely take a look at the thread...

A company has contacted me regarding mineral lease on my 50 or so acres in Dimmit County located in the Eagle Ford Shale; they quoted $1K/acre. Anyone interested in sharing what has been offered for leasing per acre? I hope more folks will contribute whatever knowledge they might have concerning leasing either mineral or surface rights in Dimmit County. I will post whatever information might result from my dealings with this company.