Pooling section 33

Has pooling begun for 33, T9N, R4W?

Order 733581 was dated April 10, 2023. Case 2023-000436. If you are a respondent you only have 20 days from the date of the order to reply. Best if you send by certified mail return receipt. If you think you are a respondent and did not get the mailings, then make sure your name and address are properly filed in the county courthouse and contact FourPoint Energy LLC immediately.

FourPoint Enerty, LLC

Attn: Scott Osborne

100 Saint Paul St., Ste. 400 Denver, CO 80206-5140

If I had minerals there, I’d opt for the 1/4 royalty with $200 per acre bonus.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Here is an e-mail I got from S. Osborne, fourpoint, when I asked what was going on?

He replied: Good morning,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I’m sure you and your family have been receiving a lot of documents from our attorneys and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, and I apologize for how overwhelming that can be. While there is no easy answer to your questions, I will try to do my best to explain the situation in this area.

There are a couple companies working this area in 9N-4W, McClain County, OK, specifically FourPoint, Charter Oak,. Charter Oak and FourPoint were competing against each other to acquire leases in order to drill Sections 15, 22, 27,33, 34-9N-4W & Section 3-8N-4W. Charter Oak and FourPoint reached an agreement that would allow both parties the ability to develop similar units and drill wells across all the sections. Charter Oak recently drilled two long wells in Sections 27 & 34-9N-4W and Section 3-8N-4W. FourPoint has plans to develop the Racer Unit 15X22-9-4 with 2 long lateral wells to be drilled in Sections 15, 22, 27-9N-4W and 3 long lateral wells in Sections 15 & 22-9N-4W. FourPoint has plans to develop the Riva Ridge 28X33-9-4 which will consist of 5 long lateral wells through Sections 28 & 33-9N-4W, McClain Co., OK. We anticipate drilling these anywhere between June and September of this year. You likely received notice from attorneys or the OCC stating that certain applications have been dismissed. This was a result of our agreement with Charter Oak that allows each party to develop their respective units without interference from the other party. FourPoint plans to drill all 5 wells in each unit at one time and then immediately start completion operations. Once completion operations are done and the wells are producing, you should start to see royalty checks in the mail, starting with the Riva Ridge unit. You likely will not see any royalty payments until the beginning of next year.

I really hopes that helps some?! Jayme

Where can I find a copy of this order? We only received mailings yesterday from February.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Richard- wrong attachment, I think.

2023-000436 Order 733581.pdf (2.3 MB)

Thank you for the information. We don’t have much time left.

@M_Barnes thoughts on the proposal of five wells being drilled here? (Reservoir damage/too quick of depletion).

I replied and teceived my return receipt that they received my cash option paperwork. When should I expect the initial payout?

Read the pooling order. It usually gives the time frame. I have seen 30-35 days. probably business days. Keep the green receipt. I have had to fuss at certain operators when they did not pay within a year!

1 Like

The 35 days has come and gone. What option do I have now? I’ve sent an email to Pinson & Four Point asking the status with no reply from either. Is there someone else I should contact?

Did you send them a W-9 with your election? You must do that before payment. Do you have clean marketable title?

I’m in the same situation and I did send a W9 with my letter of which option I chose, via Certified, which was signed by FourPoint before the stated deadline. I also emailed them 10 days ago and have not heard from them. Should I contact the OCC, the attorney they used, the landman they used? Would they owe any interest since it is well past the 35 days?

You will probably not hear back. Keep the receipt of your election. I also like to file a copy of the election (not the W9) with the OCC.

1 Like

Richard is correct that contacting them won’t yield much satisfaction. Unfortunately the laws are written and the operator only has “an obligation” to pay and that is if you have clean marketable title. You need to inquire about the status of your title. If your title is only merchantable and not marketable, they will not pay you the bonus or royalty until the title is cured. And no, they don’t owe you interest on bonus funds.

Good Luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.