Pooling queston; new to forum

We just found out that we have inherited some mineral rights in Coal County unbeknownst to us from a distant relative that passed away. There are some unclaimed royalties in the State fund that we need to claim, and I think we have a handle on how to start the claim process.

From my research it appears that the entire section was pooled by BP America and there is one operating well site in that section. However, there are possibly three more BP wells just across the section line that have most of the horizontal leg and a bottom hole location in our section. Should we have been receiving royalties from these wells also? I'm not sure if any of these wells actually cross our specific tract, but the way I understand it we are pooled with all owners in the Section. We need to do some probate/affidavit work to make ourselves known to BP but I want to make sure we are covering all our bases. It's only a couple of net mineral acres but every little bit helps out!

Any guidance or information would be helpful. Y'all seem to know a lot! Thank you!

What is the section township and range and we can look up the wells and their directions. Also, do you know what year? Before 1991 is hard to look up easily.

Thanks for the reply. I've actually already identified the wells, and their bottom hole locations are in our section but the surface hole is in a different section, according to a search of the well database. I'm trying to determine if the pooling arrangement and royalties in Oklahoma includes all mineral owners in our section or just those that the wellbore passes through since it is originating in a different section. These are all post-1991 wells. Not sure of the exact direction - do the numbers under "Direction" on the permit indicate degrees, i.e. "358" or "2" being nearly North?

You may be due royalties for wells that are in your section in the amount of the percentage of the perforations in your section. For example, in a multi unit well, it might be 40% in one section and 60% in the adjacent section. In a single unit well, they may spud just over the section line and have 100% of perfs in the one section.

The pooling usually is done section by section and by horizon. Also your percentage of the well is controlled by the spacing as well. Most horizontals are on a 640 spacing by section, but in some strange cases, the spacing can straddle the section and be 320 on one side and 320 on the other side. If you are not in the right spot, you don't get royalties. If you want me to look up the pooling and spacing orders for you, friend me. I can also show you where to look up the surveys of the wells if they are posted.

Yes, the degrees are correct.