Pooling Order: BCE-Mach III Pooling Order Sec 36 T18N, R6W

The pooling order was issued on 3/8/2023, election deadline of 3/8/2023. Nonparticipating options are: 1: The default royalty (lowest) is 1/8th with a $475 per acre bonus. 2: A 3/16th royalty with a $450 per acre bonus 3. A 1/5th royalty with a $400 per acre bonus; or 4. A 21% royalty with no bonus.

See Order Here

The 1/5th royalty might make the most sense for most due to the consideration vs. the 21% royalty. By my calculation it would require $25,000,000 in revenues before the 21% choice would break even with the 1/5th due to the cash bonus.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

1 Like

My in-laws have a similar offer from Mach3 with the exact wording. Am i understanding correctly that you do not think the 21% royalty is the best way to go due to the return on investment having to hit $25,000,000 before they start paying out.?

Iā€™m pretty sure that they missed the deadline of March 28th. So I suppose the answer is academic at this point. Some like the cash bonus which is kept if no well or a dry hole is drilled.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

For most OK pooling orders, if the well is successful. the royalties begin paying 180 days after first sales to all royalty owners. Whether the company makes a profit or not is their problem. They are also getting the remainder of the royalties from day one. Internal agreements between working interest owners or farmouts may have a payout penalty, but regular mineral owners are not under those rules. (Other states have other rules).

Theirs is in kingfisher however it is not this exact offer. They are in section 22-16-6. Thank you for the input

Cambernj:

Sorry, I misunderstood. Each offer should be considered based upon the royalty, bonus, acreage and spacing unit. Also, whether it is a lease offer or a pooling order election.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.