Pooled Interest. Have I Lost out?

last summer I was approach by a land Company that wanted to do a 3 year lease at 1000.0 per net mineral acre bonus and 3/16 royalty on 5.00 net acres on a section in garvin County Oklahoma. I drug my feet on it and when I inquired again they stated the interest had been pooled. A well has since been drilled. I contacted the company drilling the well "maybe that is not the right term" Continental Resources and they are of no help. So where do I go from here? Have I lost any interest I have in this well?

Jim, if the mineral deed is in your name you have not lost out. When you don't sign a lease, which many people don't, the Operator, in this case Continental will "force" pool you. You should have received a copy of the pooling order which shows you the options you can choose so you can go ahead and sign on. If you don't respond within a certain time they will choose an option for you and your payments will be held in escrow. If you can give me the section, township and range of your 5 acres I can look up the pooling order for you on the Oklahoma Corporate Commission website. I can also tell you who to call at Continental. Just post your information here and I will see it. It will read something like section 10-3N/4W.

Jim, I took a guess that the well is the Lyle1-30H sec. 30-3N/4W. There are some people with your last name on the pooling order. Let me know if you want more details.

One thing about it Michael if Jim has interest in the Lyle1-30H he has a really good well!!!!

It is your right. Last I heard it was in My grandmothers name who is deceased, then my father who is also deceased so Myself and 2 sisters would be an heir. I called Continental and talked to someone in their division order department and she said she couldnt help me.

Jim give Michael the names of yourgrandfather and mother and let him check the pooling order, i am unable to get to that website on my computor. Jim you can also check www.occeweb.com it is the website for mising royality funds in Okla. and there are several See's on the list, also check out the missing money fund for the State of Okla treasury Dept, there are several See's on that list. Continenal may have put the funds in one of these accounts.

Have you talked to your sisters? Your name was not on the Pooling Order but there was, I beleive Mary Lou ? It said case dismissed so my guess is she or someone in your family leased before pooling order was issued. You better hope so, it only pooled for $500-3/16. If you like I can send you a friend request and then I can give you some more information without putting your family business all over the forum.

Richard has the Lyle been producing long enough to have completed division orders?

I managed to get a copy of the pooling order and I see my mother father and grandmothers name mulltiple times. friend me if you like

If you have that there is not much more I can tell you. The link below will take you to county records of mineral deeds, oil and gas leases etc. It might be of some help in figuring out who has ownership of the deeds and if they are leased. It sounds like you may have some heirship issues to get cleared up. Continental probably can't help you because they don't have anything in your name.

http://okcountyrecords.com/search.php?county=025

Hey, mike, reckon you could tell me how I can find out what the link is to the same info for Texas land owners?

Thanks a bunch, Marty
Michael Hutchison said:

If you have that there is not much more I can tell you. The link below will take you to county records of mineral deeds, oil and gas leases etc. It might be of some help in figuring out who has ownership of the deeds and if they are leased. It sounds like you may have some heirship issues to get cleared up. Continental probably can't help you because they don't have anything in your name.

http://okcountyrecords.com/search.php?county=025

Marty, I havn't used this myself but it looks similiar to the Okla. site.

http://www.txcountydata.com/

Marty, I don't know about that one, looks more like appraisal district stuff. Better ask someone who knows more about Tx minerals

Thanks Mike!

Marty

Michael Hutchison said:

Marty, I don't know about that one, looks more like appraisal district stuff. Better ask someone who knows more about Tx minerals