Polk County, TX-value of MRs?

Dear Members:

I am trying to find out how to determine the value of my mineral rights and I have no idea how to go about it. Approximately 5 years ago, I was made an offer through the mail and I am assuming that value was a low one and never negotiated it. Unfortunately, I have become ill and am contemplating the sale of my mineral rights. It is an undivided interest out of 46.+ acres, total mineral acres being 11+. Anyone have any ideas as to how you can determine its value. It had a lease on it by Amarado Oil Company that expired Dec. 2013. I would also be interested in a lease possibly. Thank you!

Elizabeth,

Did you get the information you were looking for? Did you lease your MR's? Sorry to be so long answering. I have moved to the Philippines to live and I have been getting acquainted with the place.

Wes

I have interests in that general area that are under lease but not to that party. The lease is expiring in about a month and thus far we've had no offers to extend or execute a new lease. You should probably hold on to it for the near term because the relative value is not going to be high now with prices down and activity slow.