Please help

my father found out about 7 years ago that he inhereted mineral rights from my deceased grandmother. He attempted to collect he had 2 different attorneys but the judge over the case in winkler county refused to answer any requests or release the funds. the attorney working with dad passed away and my dad is still trying to get the funds or mineral rights released to him what can he do?

If two different attorneys have had difficulty resolving problem, I am certain I can't be of any assistance except to state the obvious: get another attorney. I would think you might want to get an attorney in a larger city, say Lubbock or San Angelo. Odessa and Midland are closer, of course, but Winkler abuts Ector county and Ector, Midland. Do you have reason to believe your grandmother's minerals contain Woodford Shale?

I know there are several active oil wells and 10 acres of land we actually are in oklahoma my grandmother used to live in texas but thank you for your time.

If you know the legal description or the location of the land/minerals, you can go to the Texas Railroad Commission Online Queries Page and select GIS Map Viewer, find the relevant section of Winkler county, and click on the identify well option. This will open a page which has the information about the company producing the active well today. You might get the company's name, and and contact them to see if you can get copies of the "division order" for the well(s). You might also contact an abstract company in Kermit. What were the two attorneys doing for seven years? Did they give any indication why your father didn't get the minerals? Was there a will? Is it possible the estate has yet to be probated? There are others here with more knowledge and experience who will be able to better help you [I hope].

Vicki Lowe said:

I know there are several active oil wells and 10 acres of land we actually are in oklahoma my grandmother used to live in texas but thank you for your time.

the only thing my father was told was the they couldn't get any response from the judge that was over it, they had attempted to contact via letter, phone calls and email and she refused to respond. The first attorney handed it over to an attorney who handled mineral rights when he passed away my dad was taking care of my mom who was very ill till her passing so his trying to see what he needs to do now. Yes there is a will, his name is all over the will, an oil company actually sent my dad a check wanting to buy the rights thats how we found out.

I know it is easy to overlook business matters when loved ones are in poor health. I think you need to find out if the will was probated in the county and state where your grandmother resided [had her home, voted, etc.]. This sounds like a very complex situation which is going to require an attorney. The oil company apparently believes your father owns the minerals, or he would not have received the offer. If--big if--a judge is delaying or ignoring a matter of law, I am fairly sure a proper appeal can be lodged by a competent attorney to get beneficial action. Do you mind giving a ballpark figure of what the oil company offered your father for the ten acres? Be very careful about selling too low.