Please help with ORRI producing in stephens county texas

i have a ORRI from stephens county tx on the robertson s lease paid by killion. around 105$ per month its been producing for at least 25 years. i have 0.0066667% i receive offers in the mail to buy it weekly even though its never been on the market. last offer was 7.5k$ . I have submitted details to some prospective buyers what kind of price kind i expect as this seems to be a very desirable ORRI. or tell me why i shouldnt sell. Thank you very much.

If you inherited some mineral rights including the subject ORRI, you could have more asset than is just in the well that the buyers are after. Since they are so persistent, I suspect that they are after future income from the total and not just the well bore income. Try to get some geologic potential perspective so you know exactly what you are selling. Then you can make a fair evaluation of your opportunity cost of selling or keeping.

cwalker, listen to Gary. My statements are strictly opinion. Gary actually knows what he is talking about!

there are 2 producing wells on the lease. they were very good producers for maybe first year or 2 during 1980's hard to remember i was about 12 at the time or something when i was given the ORRI. as i recall production has been steady since 1990 with no further development.

it is lease 17 robertson "s" stephens county texas.

This is not my field of expertise. I am a nurse and a computer tech for the most part. i really dont know where to look next. i do understand that for 100$ a month return the offers are on the high end signaling me that there may be something going on i dont know about... and i also suspect any unsolicited offers i receive are probably on the very low end.?

cwalker,

Well, this has been my field of expertise for decades. If you will respond to a "friend' request on MRF, with title detail and an Abstract Number ("A" number on title) I will try to find out what is going on for you. If you don't have that info look on a check stub for an "API number" Newer exploration technology is making this a new and dynamic business but it remains a site specific business so using averages is not wise.

I have several clients that live in California but own mineral rights in other states so its no big deal in this information age.

cwalker said:

there are 2 producing wells on the lease. they were very good producers for maybe first year or 2 during 1980's hard to remember i was about 12 at the time or something when i was given the ORRI. as i recall production has been steady since 1990 with no further development.

it is lease 17 robertson "s" stephens county texas.

This is not my field of expertise. I am a nurse and a computer tech for the most part. i really dont know where to look next. i do understand that for 100$ a month return the offers are on the high end signaling me that there may be something going on i dont know about... and i also suspect any unsolicited offers i receive are probably on the very low end.?

The thing to look out for on these unsolicited offers is whether there is some new activity in the area at other depths. There is a video on the Home page of this website that shows you how to check production records and area activity on the Railroad Commission website.

There has been an uptick in activity in Stephens, and we even have some leases with Killion in Stephens. Usually you get these offers because something else is going on.

thanks wade. i did look it up and i can see directly on the lease to the west there is alot of activity. I didnt find any new permits but i found the original ones from my grandfathers company

cwalker,

Here is a link to the Stephens County Group. You might want to join. When Stephens County news is posted it will automatically come to your computer.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/stephens-county-tx-oil-gas

Clint Liles