Pleasants County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I know for a fact that Antero is presently leasing in Pleasants and EQT has approached us for other tracts in Pleasants.

Is PLEASANTS online now? If so, does someone have the link?

I don't think Pleasants is online. It would be great. Maybe call and ask their plans.

DanielCharlesDineen, do you have mineral interests in the Bens Run Area? I too have mineral interests in a 5 acre tract.

Could someone tell me what is going on, are they drilling?

There have been several permits issued in the last few weeks, after months of no permits. That doesn't mean they will drill, but it must start with the permit.

Will someone contact me when they do start drilling or when all the permits are in? As you can probly tell, I don’t know to muct about this but I am trying to learn.

Here is a link to the WV Office of Oil and Gas Weekly Reports for last week. There is one permit for Pleasants County.

Here is a link to a place on that same website where you can sign up to get notices when Permits are applied for. You can select by county.

You can go here and select Pleasants for the County, and some recent dates to see what has been permitted recently. It takes some work but that is how I know is happening, by county.

You could also subscribe to the county newspaper. I am not sure what papers there are but a Google search found this website for the Pleasants County Leader. The companies are required to put notices in the local paper when they are planning to apply for a permit, for people in the area to be able to make comments. There probably would be some oil and gas related news in that paper as well, and other things of local interest.

I am from out of state and inherited a 1/18 interest in 200 acres in Pleasants County currently under lease. After the sale of the land and surface rights, the family retained mineral rights. We are all distant relatives but some of the family members have lost their rights through tax lien sales to O&G companies and local investors. My question now is is there anyone in the area of Pleasants County who can act as my agent to bid on tax liens for the upcoming sale so that I can accumulate additional rights in the same parcels? Unfortunately, I can not attend the sale in Oct/Nov this year.

John,

You may wish to reach out to an attorney or Land Services operation to have them bid on your behalf. Most counties will have a listing of available properties the day before, which you can have emailed to you, then select what properties you wish to have bid on, etc. One company, Mountain State Land Title, usually attends every county auction and frequently will bid for numerous different entities.

I have an 80AC farm in Pleasants Co and my abstractor told me "they" are getting ready to drill out there by the end of the year. There was a lease that the holder seems to be flipping to other companies. The gas well has been listed as abandoned since 2013 and I have not received any money on it since then. No royalty or holding fees and the lease had a 60 day non production clause, so my argument is the lease expired under it's own terms. (I'm trying to re-lease it, the original lease was not very good)

Do I wait till they start drilling to declare they have no lease? Approach them to lease it outright? Approach a different company to buy the lease? Do I need to file an affidavit of non production? (I've not gotten division orders or pooling agreements either.)

I'm not sure how much time I have to get any of this done or if it may well be too late. Thanks for any advice

Jeff S., you probably need a good oil and gas attorney.

Scott Windom phone 1-866-451-9642 (in Ritchie county, directly south of Pleasants)

Dean Rohrig 1-(304) 758-2114 In Tyler county directly east of Pleasants.

Kyle Nuttall 1-304-473-1403 in Upshur County, somewhat southeast of Pleasants.

I either know or have heard good things about these 3 attorneys. You might call and ask all three for preliminary ideas. Most attorneys give a few minutes free consultation. You might really need a good attorney. Most companies won't give up a lease without a fight.

Thanks Nancy. I can only see Kyle out of those 3 due to conflict of interest. I sent a message to him but have not gotten a reply yet. I'm hoping to see him on a separate matter I have in Doddridge Co as soon as my abstractor gets finished, but the Pleasants Co stuff is the other side of my family so I've been trying not to complicate matters.