Pipeline Rates for 20" High Pressure Line Gulf Coast Texas

Does anyone have knowledge of going rates, per foot or rod, offered to landowners to lay a 20" high pressure pipeline. It would be 50 foot in width.

Location, location, location......

You might need to identify the county and be as specific as possible about location.

In West Texas, where oil companies rule, you can be lucky to get $15 to $20 per rod even on good farmland.

In Oklahoma, in the Woodford Shale, on good farmland, I have received $165 per rod. That's a good $50,000 for crossing a section of land.

I routinely hear of numbers like $800/rod in several higher profile Texas locations.

It would be interesting to hear what other people have gotten, but it is clearly dependent on geography and real estate prices, among other things.

Brazoria County SE of Houston

JW Anderson said:

Location, location, location......

You might need to identify the county and be as specific as possible about location.

In West Texas, where oil companies rule, you can be lucky to get $15 to $20 per rod even on good farmland.

In Oklahoma, in the Woodford Shale, on good farmland, I have received $165 per rod. That's a good $50,000 for crossing a section of land.

I routinely hear of numbers like $800/rod in several higher profile Texas locations.

It would be interesting to hear what other people have gotten, but it is clearly dependent on geography and real estate prices, among other things.

YES, I’m one of those that negotiated a 25 year-term ROW for $800/rd, then with successive 10 year extensions for $250/rd. + CPI adjustment afterwards for a sum term of 75 years. 'sic 'em!

That is good. What State area?

Rocky Arrell said:

YES, I'm one of those that negotiated a 25 year-term ROW for $800/rd, then with successive 10 year extensions for $250/rd. + CPI adjustment afterwards for a sum term of 75 years. 'sic 'em!

Dear Mike,

Last ROW in the TX UGC, I negotiated $600/rod with $200/rod pre-paid damages with 10 year CPI extension.

Buddy: Is the 200 buck per rod pre-paid damages in addition to the 600 bucks or part of the 600 bucks. My advisor’s are suggesting the 600 buck amount that is almost double the offer. Thanks.

Buddy Cotten said:

Dear Mike,

Last ROW in the TX UGC, I negotiated $600/rod with $200/rod pre-paid damages with 10 year CPI extension.

Buddy Cotten

Mineral Manager

Dear Mike

The damage rate was included in the $600 per rod. There were two checks, one marked consideration, the other damages - for obvious reasons.

Equally as important, for coastal prairie lands, is the ROW agreement itself. Such as the ROW will not change drainage patterns, etc.

SE Tx Gulf Coast: Orange County

Mike Igau said:

That is good. What State area?

Rocky Arrell said:
YES, I'm one of those that negotiated a 25 year-term ROW for $800/rd, then with successive 10 year extensions for $250/rd. + CPI adjustment afterwards for a sum term of 75 years. 'sic 'em!

Hi Mike in our place in West Palm Beach, business focus is in the development and manufacture of moisture-curable composites for the retrofit and reinforcing of defects and anomalies in pipelines repair as well as civil structures.