Pipeline off 2502

I have been contacted by Aaron Villagomez from Defined Land that is seeking a pipeline survey and right away for my land on 2502 and Skyler Kramer Road. While I really do not want this, and I have contacted my attorney, I realize that I might not have a lot of recourse. Has anyone else been contacted? If so, it might be beneficial for us to band together on this. My land is leased to GeoSouthern. Any updates on this as well? Looking forward to gathering information!

Your attorney can advise you, but before deciding whether to let them enter your property to survey I would insist on knowing the company who will own/operate the pipeline, what size right of way and type line it will be, whether they have authority to cross you property under your lease with Geosouthern or, if not, do they have the right of eminent domain.

Pipeline companies will generally try to work out something that is agreeable to you, particularly if they don’t have authority under a lease related to a producing unit you are in, or have condemnation rights that are based on the type pipeline that is being built.

The area needs more pipelines. Just make sure your attorney helps you protect your land. If you have minerals it is in your best interest to allow it. It helps you.