Pipeline coming thru!

We have received notice that a certain company wants to put a pipeline across our tract. They sent us a right of way agreement and a dollar figure for the right to lay the pipe. Are there any standard clauses I should look for the in the agreement that might be of detriment to a Grantor? Also, does anyone have any experience negotiating with these pipeline companies for more money?

You really need to contact an attorney who specializes in surface agreements and pipeline right of ways before signing anything. These contracts can hold you and your family for decades. The original contract the operator will present you will most likely be all in their favor. You need a strong negotiator to get it more favorable for you!

1 Like

Attorney Harlan Hentges, lots of pipeline experience also eminent domain. 405.340.6554

2 Likes

By the way, what is the name of the company?

Jeff — Martha is very very correct and good on her advice — have just been through the process on our family farm in the last few months. If you want to contact me privately, I can give you an overview of items you need to consider and some reading to do to prepare meeting with an attorney.

Bottom line: Our original offer was $250/rod and a 1 page contract — ended up over $500/rod and 7 page contract… Les

2 Likes