Pioneer and Divisions Orders ( or lack of )

I have some wells that started producing back in April, It is now October. Still no DO’s or a check.

Multiple emails to PXD mineral owners email and some opened and closed cases. Last one was closed and said DO’s were being sent. ??? Still nothing, I have reached out again via PXD email in the past few weeks and still waiting, even on a response now . Seven months seems to be a long time for this, as normally it has always been within 2 months of production starting and the first check within 4 to to 5 months max. If this is not resolved in 2023, this could cause a large change in Income Tax implications for 2024 if nothing is done before end of year.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I saw a quick blurb last night on local news (DFW) Pioneer had finally sold to Exxon/Mobil? Could this be the problem? TIA, MK

I doubt the XOM acq had any effect here. It’ll take XOM a good 2-3 years to get around to totally fudging up Pioneer.

Sometimes DOs take a long time. It’s not unusual at all to get 6 months of production in the first check. In my experience.

Good luck.

Thanks @NMoilboy, I have been used to Pioneer and Parsley before hand taking at most 4-5 months max from DO’s to first checks total time. :slight_smile: MK

Send a demand letter asking for royalties and interest and send it by certified mail return receipt so that you start a time clock. Keep copies of all your correspondence. It can take a while to get the division orders out, but you want official notice to start with the certified letter.

@M_Barnes , Thanks Martha, I was not even thinking about interest on this when I posted this? I just received this morning an email from the Division Order group that they have mailed this out in the past few days? Will see if that is true. :slight_smile: , MK

Have a great weekend all. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Received DO’s in the mail today.

Hi Mikro1TX, were the DO’S for the Leo or the Driver 3-46 well’s? Those are the ones we are waiting for now and have had the same experience. Tim

@Tim_Martinez

Hi Tim,

The DO’s were for the LEO 1H and 2H wells that encompass S5 and S8 of Blk37 T5S. You may want to contact Pioneer on the other wells through there email portal.

Evidently there has been some reorg of people in the DO department in Midland and this has caused a delay in DO’s. MK

I wish you all the best on getting anything from Pioneer. My grandmother passed away in 2012 and my father doesn’t recall ever signing a DO. After I moved to the estate in Midland, I literally caught Pioneer and Plains stealing, so I requested per my father, a copy of the DO he so called signed. In 2018 my aunt, the Exturitux of the estate conveyed minerals to RRIG Energy and then to my father, even though he already owned his minerals per will! His decimal also changed from 0.06667 to 0.08889. It then went back to 0.06667 in 2020. Pioneer informed me that I needed to have my father sign and have notorized a POA so that Pioneer was able to do any dealing with myself. Once I presented that to Pioneer, we were sued!

Long story short, don't ask to much from Pioneer Natural Resources, because my Aunt's attorney, J. Michael Cunningham in Midland forged her signature on a Surface Lease for Pioneer and Pioneer evicted my husband and I along with removing my daddy who is a one third owner.  They put a 50k appeal bond on us at JP court  and were not even allowed to speak. We were removed four days later with 9 head of horses and our guns. We lived there for a total of five years and lost everything it seemed like overnight. This all happened April of 2022 and we have struggled since. 

We all were given a warning by the sheriff’s that if we ever went back we would be arrested for criminal trespassing and 180 days in jail. There’s so much more to this that Pioneer and the Exturitux were doing and are still getting away with. I’m glad that I saw this and I felt as if this was finally the perfect opportunity to tell my story, so thank you and good luck!!!

I did as M Barnes recommended by sending a demand letter certified requesting back royalty payments and interest. Still had to get a lawyer to get oil companies attention. Took about six months to get D0’s and another two months to get royalty back payments and then monthly royalty payment for five wells in Pecos counts. Kept all copies of all document contacts. Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.