Pick your brains please

Brand new to this group and I was hoping to get a little info. I've read the old posts. I was hoping for any info concerning a small percentage of rights my family has located in 23N 4E. Because of the location we would be affected by anything in sections 16, 17, 20, 21. However section 21 is the most we're concerned with as Petroquest has recently drilled a well on it (Nov. or Dec. 2012). We've also heard rumors that they are hauling about "a truckload" of oil out a day and that they are interested in doing more siesmic operations in the same section (21). I think this new well is located on land owned by Lynn Brien. I know our family only has rights to 80 Acres in this section, but none of us has ever been contacted. We did have an attorney get involved and he filed something and contacted the oil company but he still hasn't heard anything back. I know what we have is small, but we are getting concerned. Shouldn't we all be contacted before long to determine a percentage? Any new or old info will be greatly appreciated. Thanx.....aj

I could find no leases in the name of Campbell for 21. I also could not fine the name on the pooling . There is a well on 21 but I have found no production info as yet. There is a well on 23 that tested at 258 BOD and one drilled from 22 under 27 that tested 585 BOD & 1000 MCFD .

Thank you Ron, It must be the well on 21, right next to the county East/West road. Its just East of the curve. I'm not surprised you didn't find any leases by the name of Campbell, because far as I know, non of us have ever been contacted or signed a lease. My grandmother kept the rights on 80 Acres or more when she sold it 40+ years ago. They did publish my father's name in the paper along with many others, and we did talk to our attorney who has had initial contact and sent them an afidavit showing our relationship to my grandmother. I guess I better shake my attorney's tree some more! Confusing! Thank you for your help.....aj

Ron McKenzie said:

I could find no leases in the name of Campbell for 21. I also could not fine the name on the pooling . There is a well on 21 but I have found no production info as yet. There is a well on 23 that tested at 258 BOD and one drilled from 22 under 27 that tested 585 BOD & 1000 MCFD .

If you did not sign a lease you should have been named in the Pooling order. There was a Webb who leased 80 in the SW1/4 of 21. Do you have interest in other sections that may be pooled and are not leased ? What name would they be under if you do ?

Yes the Webbs own the South 80. Our property should be North of theirs. I thought we had rights to that 80 North of the Webb's and perhaps some more. Our attorney said that we actually had rights at the Northeastern Corner of 21, so we would also be involved in anything found in the adjoining sections of the quadrant (16, 17, 20) if oil was found in any of then. I don't think there were very many acres in those sections though.

I don't know why the Campbells wouldn't be in the pooling order. My Grandparents were Arthur and Elizabeth. They had three children, Andrew, Odessa, and my father, James. James was listed in the local publication, I don't think the other two were. I plan on contacting my attorney tomorrow to see if he has found out anything since I talked with him about 10 days ago. Thanx again for your help. I really do appreciate your help and knowledge......aj

Ron McKenzie said:

If you did not sign a lease you should have been named in the Pooling order. There was a Webb who leased 80 in the SW1/4 of 21. Do you have interest in other sections that may be pooled and are not leased ? What name would they be under if you do ?

Well, I talked to our attorney today and it looks like he dropped the ball. He's going to resend the affidavit. He said that my grandparents actually had mineral rights to 260 acres in 23N 4E, located around the intersection of 16,17,20, and 21. When they sold it, they retained 1/2 of the rights. In 21, where this well has been drilled, we have 80 acres. 1/2 the rights would be 40 acres. My grandparents had three children so I guess that would be divided by a third and each of my grandparents' children would have rights to 13.3 acres. Their share of coarse would then devided up by how many kids they had. I was trying to use the on line oil calculator to get an idea of what kind of money to expect from my father's 13.3 acres, but I couldn't, because we didn't have any involvement in the lease. Would you have any idea how to figure this? Using a lower producing well results of some of the nearby new wells perhaps as an estimate? I really have no idea of what kind of money we are talking about. A few dollars a month or perhaps a thousand a month? I really have no idea. Any guesstimate would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.....aj

A well of 300 BOD and about 750 MCF at $80 B for oil $3 MCF for gas at 3/16 royalty could pay about $225 a month an acre before taxes. I would like to talk to you about what I found on the ownership. A 1/4th royalty would pay 33% more.

Thanx Ron, that at least gives me a good idea. Ownership? Please don't tell me we don't have any rights! Yes I'd like to talk with you about what you found. My email is ibaj74058@yahoo.com. My CP is 918-630-0855. Thanx again for all your help.....aj

Ron McKenzie said:

A well of 300 BOD and about 750 MCF at $80 B for oil $3 MCF for gas at 3/16 royalty could pay about $225 a month an acre before taxes. I would like to talk to you about what I found on the ownership. A 1/4th royalty would pay 33% more.