Personal Message?

I would like to send a PM to a forum member. I have followed the “getting started” directions, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. It says to click on my avatar and chose the “mail” option to send a PM. I do not show a “mail” option (envelope) when I do that.
I also tried to use the “contact us” at the bottom of the page to ask this question, but is says I do not have the ability to contact that person.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Bill-I must not be at the appropriate Trust Level because clicking on my avatar does not bring up the PM option. I don’t know how one gets to the appropriate Trust Level.

I use the magnifying glass to look up the name, but make sure if there is an underbar you include it. Find a public message with the person’s name on it. If you touch their name or their avatar, a green box will pop up with MESSAGE in it and an envelope symbol. If you touch that, then you can send a private message.

1 Like

Thanks M_Barnes but again, that didn’t work for me.
Somehow I was able to make a PM to another member a couple of months ago and can still PM him, but not anyone else.
Actually, you were someone I wanted to PM.

BillFla - I too just can not seem to get the PM to work. I’ve read all the posts, tried using IE vs Chrome, elevated my trust level, etc. but just can’t find the missing link. M_ Barnes’ suggestions usually hold true but I can’t get her solution to work either; maybe a site administrator will read our post and help us out.

Have you tried searching out the name or avatar name of the person you want to contact by using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. If you find a post they have made, click on the Bold Letters next to their avatar circle. It should pop up a box that tells a bit about them. That box will have the word MESSAGE in the right. Hit that and you should be good to go.

Example using your latest post.

Yes, I had tried it. When I do, the upper RH corner is either blank or has verbiage only if that person has more than 1 post in the topic. Here are examples of both:

image image

Beats me then. Contact Kenny_DuBose

Agreed, but easier said than done. Without PM privileges, I see no way to reach out to him without replying to one of his off-topic posts (which doesn’t seem like an appropriate approach to me). Sounds like it may be a Trust Level thing but I see no way to know what level is required. Not a big deal, thx for trying to help regardless.

What software are you using? Also which engine? I have found that switching to Chrome might help.

I use W10 & Chrome. Have tried using IE & Edge but no still a no-go.

I am talking to Kenny later in the week. I will see if he has any suggestions. Are you on a phone or real computer?

Computer. Thx in advance for bringing him into the loop for some direction/advise.