Permitted Well Sites

Well site permitted in 2020. Typically how long does it take before drilling commences?

@Signola What section & operator? We can get an average Permit to Spud for the operator and that should give you an idea

How about in blk 32 sec 35 and 36 T2N SM Energy and Sabalo

Joe R

RRC shows some of the wells SM and Sabalo permitted earlier this year were spudded in a month or less of when the permit was approved. But there are also some where SM got permits approved to drill two wells from the same site with stack laterals but so far have only drilled one well.

Drilling permits are valid for two years from date approved so there can be a lot of variance on when, or if, a specific one will get drilled. Also companies can wait several months before reporting a spud date to RRC, so it’s hard to pin down the timing unless you have access to one of the private data services.

There are Sections 35 & 36 in Blk 32 T1N and in T1S. In T1N Sec. 35-36 are abstracts 169 and 1305, and T1S they are A-169 and 1290. To pin down which Sec. 35-36 you are talking about you need to add the township.

If I am reading the gis viewer correctly-T1S Block 35 From section 13 horizontal to 25, there are some permitted sites

Thanks for the info Dusty. Here is how my deed reads: Sections 35 and 36, Block 32, T-2-N, T&P RR Co. Survey

Joe R

If you don’t have it, below is the current RRC map of your area with Sec. 35 & 36, Blk 32 T2N outlined in red.

The laterals that have blue circles at the end are currently permitted wells. The 3 to be drilled south from Sec. 26 with laterals terminating in Sec. 35 are the SM Shooter McGavin B wells. RRC shows those permits were just filed and are still pending approval.

The two laterals extending north from Sec. 37 and terminating on the west side of Sec. 36 are the Sabalo Satinin wells, and the two permitted to be dilled from 37 to terminate on the east side of Sec. 36 are the Sabalo Josephine wells. The permits were approved on the Satinin wells on 4/16 and the Josephine on 5/6. No spud dates reported yet.

Ok thanks Dusty. Spud or no it’s good to see permits at least! I’ll be in Big Spring next month and may just drive out that way and see if anything is going on by then.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.