Permitted Locations Blk 58 Sec 10-3

On the GIS viewer it shows Jetta Permian has two permitted locations in Blk 58, Sec 10-3 (389-38598 & 389-38599) that were approved in Sept 2019. I’m curious if these two permits are still active. Is there a time limit on the permits and they will expire at some point? Seems activity in that area is sparse at best and unlikely to improve in the near future.

I’m showing the permits still as active, but the last well spud by Jetta Permian was Sept 2019 and last permit filed Oct 2019. They’re affiliates of Jetta Operating and Blackstone Energy Partners, and Jetta Operating has had some permit/drill activity as late as Sept 2020, but that group is in a more central core position. The industry in general is withdrawing back to core proven areas as shelter from the storm, so that makes sense.

If the well is not spudded, a drilling permit expires two years after the date it is approved and issued.

Good info…thanks! I thought there was a 2-year time limit on permits. Glad I have one well in the 58 10-3 pooled unit as I doubt I will see more any time soon. Although the decline rate has been so steep an additional well or two would have been nice.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.