Permits

There have been several permits to drill granted on my property in Atiscosia Co. Does that mean they will drill for sure.

Probably your best bet is to contact the landman who negotiated your lease agreement. My understanding is that you will receive papers ("division orders") to sign and return before drilling starts. Good luck!

Robin

still waiting, and waiting, and waiting (McMullen County property)

Division orders are not gernerated and sent out until a well has been drilled, frac'd and flow tested. My personal experience was that I received by DO's about 4 months after the wells were flow tested after frac. This appears to be the norm right now as to timing.

The fact that there have been permits on our land is a good thing - rig more than likely coming in the next 30-90 days depending on the operator's drilling schedule.

Have they started building locations in the field yet for any of these permitted wells?

Przzz said:

Division orders are not gernerated and sent out until a well has been drilled, frac'd and flow tested. My personal experience was that I received by DO's about 4 months after the wells were flow tested after frac. This appears to be the norm right now as to timing.

The fact that there have been permits on our land is a good thing - rig more than likely coming in the next 30-90 days depending on the operator's drilling schedule.

Have they started building locations in the field yet for any of these permitted wells?

No comments in your recent reply

WallyNewton said:

A permit is not a guarantee they will drill, but is a good sign. Drilling schedules and budgets change constantly.

Wally

Who is the operator on these permits? Do you know well names?

Thanks

Mark

The lease is with Cabot. don't know operator or well name. Is the oil co. i made the lease with the same as the operator

Great! Thanks. Cabot has been ultra active drilling in the SE Frio County area with some overlap into Atascosa. Their JV with Osaka is driving their Pearsall Shale drilling so far and I think that these wells (i.e. the deep tests) are taking precedence over the shallower Eagle Ford wells due to limitations on manpower and related resources.

Have to believe that will eventually get this area drilled up for Eagle Ford in time. They have produced over 1.1 million BO in SE Frio / SW Atascosa area so far - appears too rich to not develop.

Ya. Hoo. Thanks a lot ill keep you posted…

I have learned that Cabot/Osaka plans on drilling on on a Neihboring property but right on our property line and angle under our land What would the pooling rights be?

There will be a unit proposed by Cabot that is associated with the planned well / horizontal. It will include acreage along the entire lateral. So it sounds like your acreage (or at least part of it) will be pooled into this unit.

There should be a form filed with the permit (think it is the P-12) that will lay out the unit acreage as per which leaseholders and amount of acreage in the unit. This may also be included on the survey plat. Both these items will be available on the Tx RRC site once the permit is filed.

Your lease may also have some wording that addresses some issues tied to pooling.

Hope this helps