Permit Approved to Drill 05/17/2013

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487662806&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Qy07DMBD8mnK0vE5dwmEPEYIzj4oeoh7cxEotOQ-tHQFSPp51EBK4nBEX7-x4PZ6dBaREtYAEhCuipmqiG4enhtpaHnHlX-3JTFNQgq9FiCZaEd_EHDZFVUqeULhR93eHimGRYEvOezd0D5Z6F8PjbOn9U1a0Iw9tsbfxPLb78dZ4z4RGsnGmYT8-W0PNmakS5YWbOqy3FXVBTIZM_2L8bFeT_LEsUt2iLG8S0HiynRvCwcWkx4I_elBZn80rFtK8C1zzoSQkcaUzLnMIf5dX-Mpph5PpLH3L49fw4Fjnc8kswqIQ5FIw4IUXzXXHxOXr_xb9BzE5m_W3AgAA

This well is 250’ from my property line. I thought wells had to be 467’ from the lease line? Can I object to the RRC?

Good question Mark, but you probably need to see your lawyer, or if not go get a good Oil and Gas Lawyer, and then go to one of the established blog sites to get some quick info from some really smart guys. On the Sanchez and Cypress blog, or the Fayette County blog these guys will be better able to help you, if you go there. WI, Mr. Mike, Chiliman, etc. are very knowledgeable. Good day!

Mark Baudoin said:

This well is 250' from my property line. I thought wells had to be 467' from the lease line? Can I object to the RRC?

Mark, it does say the well is directional, the top hole of a well can be anywhere in theory as long as the business end, where the perforations are, is far enough away. It could take 250 feet just to make a turn. I am not the expert in your situation, I just wanted to give a possible explanation and suggest there may be others that you could research free, before you go spending money on lawyers.

Mark Baudoin said:

This well is 250' from my property line. I thought wells had to be 467' from the lease line? Can I object to the RRC?

I read that there are exceptions for horizontal wells but am not sure about directional wells. Will need more research. I cannot see any reason a directional well is needed in this instance as the whole area is wooded, no subdivisions, etc.