Permian Shale

Devon to buy WPX for 2.56 billion can only help my holdings in NM I hope, any thoughts out there? Im tired of this covid negativity

I guess. Maybe. They are two of the most active drillers in the Delaware right now. I’d think the best hope would be that nothing changes. Oxy and Anadarko used to be really busy, now they have one rig combined and debt over their eyeballs. Though buying with stock instead of cash seems like a better idea. Maybe they sell of WPX’s Bakken assets and that helps fund some more Delaware drilling. I don’t know. EOG may buy them all here as soon as this closes.

Its a tough time to try to feign being upbeat. :grinning:

I signed an agreement with Devon in 2015 to allow them to drill a horizontal well on my property between Hobbs & Lovington N.M. the well was not sucessful enough to continue operations. DEVON assigned the agreement to someone else without informing me, which it was supposed to do according to the agreement. After no activity at the well site for about a year I wrote Devon & found out all this. The agreement was past on to several more companies & I tried to get each of them to clear the pad, which finally happened. BUT the fracking pond is still there as of 2020. Then the virus hit & everything stopped. I’m telling this so everyone will know the problems that can occur & that was with a lawyer helping me. I’m still hoping to get my property restored to original condition!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.