Penn Virginia Acquiring Acreage in Lavaca "Marl"

It's hard to tell for sure Michelle. Please remember Penn Va, Devon ect are trying to derisk these areas. I don't think they would have leased unless they see potential. I don't know about Komensky don't know that area well enough to make a guess.

Michelle, see if the map at the below site is any help:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2310335-penn-virginia-expanding-the-marl-position?app=1

Thank you for the replies. My tract is located down County Road 265. This is approx. 1 1/2 mile from the Sustr well. Penn Virginia calls it a Marl well on their slide. I would like to lease to Pennvirginia because my other neighbors most likely will. Together we will have about 320 acres. I hope for a unit. However, the Sustr well is a Sabine well so they may be interested.

Maybe both are thinking about a unit near you. You might ask each. As you probably know, a unit is usually 640 acres plus a 10% allowance.

If anyone comes across a better detailed map showing the surveys of the area east of Shiner that PV has acquired or is acquiring in the Marl play, please post it here. I’m trying to figure out if my mineral interests are in this play. I can’t be sure with what I’ve looked at so far. I am just SE of the Welhausen wells.