Pecos County, TX - Oil & Gas Mineral Lease Rates and Bonus

Reply with your experience in oil leases in Pecos County, TX. Leasing has really picked up.

Share what you were offered for lease term, bonus, % royalty, where, and net mineral acres or some idea of property size large or small. This will give us all a good idea for what is a fair offer.

Hi Reagan:

I just wanted to update this group with some pertinent lease information.

My family recently leased several hundred acres in Pecos County with a bonus rate of $350/acre and a 1/4 royalty. Hopefully this information may guide people in making future decisions on leasing.

From our experience, this area has had some interest in the last few years but it ebbs and flows. Two years ago we were offered similar to slightly higher bonus rates but lower royalties in the 1/8-1/5 range. Thus, we were happy with the bonus rate and we hold mineral rights for enough acres to make it worth it.

Landowners with smaller acreages may try to wait for higher bonus rates, but the rates we have seen in the recent past were similar, maybe $50-100 more per acre.

I hope this helps anyone out there and if anyone has any questions let me know.

We just received an offer for our mineral rights in Pecos County near Coyanosa. We have a smaller amount of surface and mineral rights than listed above and are wondering what leases are going for now. Also is there an online sample lease I can look at to determine if our lease has everything needed to protect us?

Whiting Oil just completed Big Tex North 19 miles NW of Fort Stockton. Test was 356 Barrels in 24 hour test. This considered good in this area. Leases were at 400/acre plus 25% royalty last April in this area. This well may give Pecos County more noteriety. Coyanosa is hot right now. Recommend you get in touch with Delmon Hodges in Stockton. He is the landman who is in the know in Pecos County. Good Luck.

I was wondering if you have information on how to contact Delmon Hodges

JSullivan said:

Whiting Oil just completed Big Tex North 19 miles NW of Fort Stockton. Test was 356 Barrels in 24 hour test. This considered good in this area. Leases were at 400/acre plus 25% royalty last April in this area. This well may give Pecos County more noteriety. Coyanosa is hot right now. Recommend you get in touch with Delmon Hodges in Stockton. He is the landman who is in the know in Pecos County. Good Luck.

Wonder if someone received information as to how Delman Hodges could be contacted. Will appreciate very much your information, as I have a few acres in Pecos county

Thank you

Shanthi Fernando

email me I have contact information on Delman Hodge thanks Ellen

How do I find your email address? Mine is wsfernan@hotmail.com

shanthi Fernando

My family was offered $1,500 per net mineral acre in section 15.