Pecos County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Yet another contradiction from Lumberjack/Parsley. We were told the checks were definitely going out last Monday and we requested that ours be expedited, which they agreed to, but as of today, Wednesday, we still do not have a payment.

I sincerely hope you have not already given them the original signed lease. Never hand over the original until you have funds in hand. Don’t take a draft either.

Received my check from Parsley today, but based on what’s happened so far, I’m waiting for check to clear before I feel this transaction is actually complete.

Parsley has permitted 246 wells in the Permian since January of 2015, 54 of them this year. I wouldn't be too worried about the check clearing.

I own surface and mineral interest in Blk.C2, Sec 15, Abstract 5084. PSL/KALEY. S H, Pecos County and Blk, C2, Sec 16, Abstract 5086, PSL/KALEY, H, Pecos county, TX, currently leased. Can anyone tell me what is going on there with regard to any drilling and//or production?

No permits in the last 180 days in BLK C2.

Adding to my previous comment, here's some good news Eva Nickell Powers, Brigham Resources and Providence Energy Operators were still leasing in A5084 and A5086 as recently as Jan 2016.

Thanks Donald; Do you know if anything is producing in that area and if so, what ?

Brigham's got a few permits in your general neighborhood: Sibley 3-2 and Sibley 3-4 are two sections south of you. Then there's Joy 13 three sections to the east in Reeves. They're all horizontal Wolfcamp. Looks like you're in a good location.

There are 33 actively producing wells in BLK C2

Pecos%20County%20BLK%20C2%20actively%20producing%20wells.xlsx

Here's a map of the currently producing wells.

Pecos%20BLK%20C2%20production.pdf

Based on what Joe Calaway said, and the fact Brigham was leasing up to January, I think you are in a good position also.

Eva,

I don't see any activity close to your minerals at this time. I agree with Donald that your minerals are in a good area for future exploration and production. Just to the west of your minerals a permit was approved for a horizontal well(API 371-37134) back in Dec. 2001 but I'm not sure the well was ever drilled.

GIS Map of Pecos County A-5084/A-5086 and surrounding area:

The green straight line going through the map is the Reeves County line.

Clint Liles

What is the activity like for section 36 block 8? Has anyone had any offers?

Hello Helen,

I don't see any activity lately in the area of your minerals. The nearest horizontal well(API 371-38790)(in A-6704) I see was drilled by Jagged Peak) in 2011 and it is to the East of your minerals about 1 1/2 mile. It was originally drilled as a vertical well but was later rentered and completed as a horizontal. There are numerous oil/oil and gas wells to the Southwest of your minerals and also numerous scattered wells to the Northwest, North and East. Also several dry holes and plugged wells in the area.

Completion Report on well API 371-38790:

Clint Liles

Helen.

Completion Report on well API 371-38790:

http://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=27955

Clint Liles

Helen,

Correction:

Well API 371-38790 was drilled in 2011 by Whiting Oil and Gas.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=486443841&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1Ru27DMAz8mnQU9MjDHTgYRTv3ETSDkUGxCUeAbBmUjLaAPr60iwKp0zkbeTwdj6espASdlVSg7ojqsk4u9K81NZU8wox_4MkOQ9SCxyImm1CkTzHGlSkLyQwNK_30eCi5NFPZkPPe9e0zUudSfBmRvn5kRROYtIYO0zk0-_BgvWdgA4RppH4f3tBSfWaoAHnlporztKQ2isGS7d6tH3E2yR7MTplidz8ZYsETtq6PB5cmMVb70yu96C_5i7XqdiHE3-O3MNgW6eLIfxNRx2rJm8yCyhqUzIa_dQ0ybxjYMnD9-iZ5fgPpVxlQYQIAAA

Clint Liles

there has been an offer from 2 different companies. I would like to send you a message because I would like to remain private, and send a message to you instead of posting here. I'm on fb also. Waiting to be friends so I can ask you by message. Thank you for the information. I appreciate your help.

I did notice that the info you provided was for Section 56, the W-1 form, we are section 36

Helen, Section 36, Block 8 is in a good area. Parsley recently drilled a great well 4 sections north of you in Section 16, Block 8. When you say that you have received offers, have those been lease offers or purchase offers?