Payne County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I also noted on Linkedin that Brad Thomas is a manager at Sequoyah Energy.

Phillip, Looks like that address on your letter is at:

Nichols Hills Executive Suites
1000 W Wilshire Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73116

On the corner of Western and W Wilshire Blvd

Brad Thomas once worked for Chesapeake which is located on Western also.

I received a response White Star Petroleum that they had divested some of their wells in the Mississippian, and Woodford shale to Sequoyah Energy LLC. You will know if your well was involved if you receive a royalty check from Sequoyah Energy Holding. LLC. Here is the contact info for Sequoyah Energy that White Star and the Corporation Comm. furnished,

Bradley M. Thomas (manager) (405)840-3212, email Brad.Thomas@sequoyah.com.

I spoke with Brad and he indicated that Sequoyah picked up 62 wells in Miss/Woodford shale areas,

Anyone know if increased production tax now in effect?

Phillip, increased tax rate was effective Dec 2017. https://www.ok.gov/tax/documents/Summary%20of%20Enrolled%20GP%20Legislation%20201712.pdf

Recently received small royalty check for ETHRIDGE 36-2 WX from White Star. I attempted to check Production Data using the PUN number and was unable to find data with change in WEB sites. Has Okla changed the method to use to get production data for royalty owners?

David, Call OCC at 405-521-2613 and give them your legal description then ask for your operator number and lease number. Then you can go to OCC > Divisions > Oil and Gas > Imaged documents > find 300R form on 1st drop down menu and select, put in operator # and then search by your lease number. Do this each production month you need. this is for Oil production only and is current to January 2018.

Below is email from Marc Messner at IHS Markit Energy and Petrochem

OCC volumes are at the well level identified by API

• OTC volumes are at the lease level based on the OTC Production Unit # (PUN)
    • After about July 2015, all new wells should have their own PUN# so presentation of the data basically converted to well level after this date. (Prior to this all still remains at the lease level). In other words, if the lease is a multi-well lease, production from all the wells on the lease are combined together and presented as one volume.
  • You can look for production by API on the OTC website which ties back to the PUN#, however, for older leases the API’s are not linked to the PUNs and frankly, the OTC does not know for sure what API’s are tied to what leases...

New member here, I have been viewing for a few years but just joined as a member to be able to comment. I have royalties in 34-18N-04E and 35-18N-04E. last year in 2017 our checks dropped DRASTICALLY through July as I believe that Whitestar was not selling any crude. After July checks stopped completely from all four wells. I contacted WS and finally got my call returned and was told that our wells are in "shut down status". Has this happened to anyone else in the area of Payne County?

4 of 6 wells in my Section 14 Payne County are shut-in by White Star, they said a few needed new pumps, that was 2 years ago....still shut in..

Look at your lease and find the shut-in clause. This clause should state the number of months or years your well(s) can remain in shut-in status. Under an oil and gas lease, the lessor will receive payment of a dollar or more per acre while a well is shut-in and can put a term limit on shut-ins so the lease will expire if the well does not go back into production.

I sent a litter to Guy Clark, my attorney in Ponca City, Ok, he said as long as you are getting something, you basically have to sit tight and wait it out, and I get a couple small checks every month. An So It Goes..He looked at the leases's. Then charged me 150 buckaroos for the advice LOL...

Thanks all for your replies. I guess that I will contact WS again and talk to them. We do have an "inactive clause" in the contract for 90 days but no $$ amounts.

David and Bob, You may receive shut-in royalty payments but they are not the same as production royalty payments. Your lease should have a sentence that reads something similar to this: "Lessee shall not have the right to continue this Lease in force by payment of shut-in royalty for more than a single period of up to two (2) consecutive years." Meaning the company has 2 consecutive years after beginning shut-in royalty payments before the lease expires. Your sentence may state 1 year or 3 years etc. Find out what type of payment you are getting. Is it shut-in royalty or production royalty?

The last check that we received was back in July of 2017 and it was for royalties from May of 2017. I called sometime sept-nov '17 and that is when I was told by Whitestar that our wells were in "shut in". He could not tell the reason why just that was the status. Since July we have not received anything and the contract does have a 90 day inactivity clause..

David Pote, I would contact an attorney and tell then you need a Release Of Lease sent to WS based on Breach Of Contract for lack of timely production and shut-In royalty payments according to lease terms. Attorney for small mineral owners: Micah Adkison at Crowe & Dunlevy in Oklahoma City. Phone 405-235-7700.

U.S. light, sweet crude oil (like ours from shale formations) accounted for more than half (56 percent) of total domestic crude oil production in 2017, and in the U.S. Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) Annual Energy Outlook 2018 (AEO2018) Reference case, this share will grow 6 percent by 2020 and to 70 percent by 2050.

Looking for anyone that has had recent issues with Crown energy. It seems that they have turned over staff and we have had ongoing attempts to talk to them about our leases. Have sent in writing our requests and now they won't talk to us. they said we had to get an oil attorney to prove ownership of minerals. They did all of this years ago.