Payment for Drilling Water

Can anyone tell me what the going rate is for selling water from a pond for drilling a well? I’ve been told it will be about 10-15k bbls.

Recently had offer of $3,000 for water to drill (10,000 to 15,000 barrels). Frack water at 25 cents a barrel.

It depends a lot on where you are and the availability of water. I design frac water ponds and pits mostly west of I-35. Near the Texas border west, the rate is $0.50/bbl Near I-35 ,$0.25 is about right. I would try for $0.35-0.40 and if you have a dependable supply that will be available for more wells you probably should look into getting a water right. I have asssted on many filings for water rights. Be sure to get any equipment or other possessions away or out of sight as they will disappear when this starts. I would also hide some game cmeras on the place to know who is coming and going. If the well is on or near you proberty, they will approach you for soil farming of the mud. Again, install some game cameras to monitor who is there as they will leave your gates open and never close or lock anything. If you have cattle, move them out. we nearly lost some baby calves to the trucks running over them…

Thanks for the reply, that’s the same ballpark offer I had.

Thanks for the reply. This is just out of a pond on my property and they will be running a temporary line to the pond so there shouldn’t be much traffic. I appreciate the information.