Payment breakdown

What is the difference in Owner Interest and Distribution Interest? Both interess are show on payment breakdown. Thank you.

Can’t really comment without seeing the stub headings. Are the decimals listed the same?

Thank you Martha.

I was looking at the Excel worksheet and now have the actual stub. On the stub it shows Entitlement Decimal and Disbursement Decimal. Both are different than my actual decimal interest. They are under Deduct Code 03 (Processing) for oil. What is the Comanches Severance tax which is shown as an owner deduction? I never saw this as a deduction on my old well, same lease.

Martha, I understand these questions are probably impossible to answer without seeing the stub. If you have any idea what these are I would appreciate hearing from you. Otherwise I will call Camino. Thanks again.

I would suggest that you call Camino. There are some new severance taxes that are “voluntary”, so get them to turn them off if you do not want to pay them.

If gas is a higher BTU, would that change the decimal point I receive?

Thanks

No. BTU only affects the price received.

Your decimal is calculated by a formula in OK.

net mineral acres/spaced acres (actual) x royalty x Percent perforations in your section.

For example: 10 net mineral acres, 20% royalty, 640 spacing and actual section is 640 acres, 48% perforations in your section of a multi section well.

10/640 x .20 * .48=0.00015 Some sections are not 640 acres, so the actual acreage of the section is used. Sections 1-6, 7, 18, 19, 30, 31 are usually not 640 acres and have been corrected for the curvature of the earth.

No. BTU only affects the price paid for the gas. Higher BTU, higher price.

Usually the difference in the decimal interests has to do with the elections of the parties taking gas or oil in kind versus having the operator take the same. As you said, it is difficult to know without seeing the actual check stub. Martha is correct that to get the answers you are looking for, contact Camino via regular mail.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.