Pay status issues with EOG

I couldn’t find a post on this and am trying to find out if anyone has had any issues lately with EOG moving them into pay status and how long it has taken after receiving a division order? It’s been months since I signed the division order.

I also have another issue with EOG not including 9 wells in a division order they submitted to me. Is this a common issue with them or am I overthinking what could have been a honest mistake?

The above are two separate issues FYI.

Thanks

If I had 9 wells on a division order I would be driving to their office and getting an answer! This could go on and on!

This division order should have 23 wells in total. I’ve never gone into an operators office to have then complete a division order… were you just saying to do this as a statement or have you or someone you know actually done this and did it expedite the process? I’m more than willing to try if it helps move this along.

Update: After several back and forth iterations with several incorrect and finally corrected division order with EOG, this is resolved and I’m in pay status. Took 6 months and to EOG’s credit they were pretty quick to get the 1st (although incorrect) division order to me to start this process.