Pawnee County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hello all. Its been a while since I have posted anything but as in the past we are still having problems and could use some advice.The Jo Lynn 19 has been on line over a a year now and we have yet to receive any monies. 19-22N-3E. Bluestar sorted out the heirship and finally got it to Devon Energy way back. We are one sixth heirs and signed division orders way back also and have 575 signing bonus and surface damage as well as a years production.However the wifes older brother maintains he is the sole heir and refuses to sign anything as he wants it all.He has no proof as he defrauded Devon once by saying he was somebody he is not.All monies are being held in suspense pending a judicial determination as Devon says they don’t know who to believe.Its not a strong well but we probably have 2000 dollars or so we would like to be paid.All the death certificates we furnished bluestar etc. to come up with six siblings seems to have been done for nothing.They have made there problem ours after much work.Does all this simply mean we have to have a Pawnee lawyer to get it right and probably cost all we have in it now and maybe more? He will never show for court because he is a fraud although still a one sixth heir. The deed was in his granddads name O.E. Dempsey. He was named after him Otis Earl Dempsey but added a Jr. on the end and claimed to be his son when he leased 20 acres to devon.He took them for two thousand before it pooled for 350 an acre times 10 mineral acres and they all know he is bad news but never the less they want a hearing before anyone can be paid. There legal dept. even knows.Any advice you experts in the field have would be greatly appreciated.We live in West Virginia.I personally would like to put him in jail for fraud and identity theft. maybe embezzlement. But realize that’s the criminal aspect and we would just like to be paid. Thank you all for letting me vent, but I cant stand to see my wife not receiving what is hers.We will see what happens next. Thanks again Paul R.