Pawnee County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

WHAT OTHER FORMATIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN PAWNEE COUNTY?

Hi Larry. I’ll try to make this concise. The Tonkawa sand has made gas near Lone Chimney lake, my father actually opened up a small field when gas was worth something 20 years ago. Below the Tonkawa is the Avant lime and the Layton sands. The Layton has spotty production, usually near old earthquake boundaries or near deeper structures which allow it too not to be as wet. Several large Layton gas wells have come in, but the gas may have been non commercial ( high in Nitrogen). The Cleveland sand is a really nice target all through Pawnee county. It really doesn’t make anybody rich, but it makes people healthy. It is shallow and it is one of the zones I am hunting. Below that is the Oswego lime. It produces several thousand barrels per well, and usually is a back up zone to keep from declaring the well a dry hole. The Prue, Skinner and Red Fork sands are the crown jewels of the area and are what all the old timers of the 50’s were hunting. Those are delta, beach, stream deposits. That was the last real action this area has seen. The good news is that all these modern corporate megaliths which are looking for Mississippi, will drill through those zones, so there is a fair chance some of you may get lucky. Will they develop those zones in a timely matter remains to be seen. The Mississippi of coarse, a 200+ thick limestone everywhere which is mostly tight and always wet, but can have a lot of oil in the high parts. The Woodford shale is thin in Pawnee county, but can produce everywhere, it just cost too much and isn’t economical. The Misener, the holy grail of sandstones, an old channel which is only preserved in small sections spaced miles apart. 4’ can make 70,000 bbls, 25’ can make 500,000 bbls, in just 2 wells, so what if 50’ were found?? It is a true Pawnee geological target that all the fancy gimmicks, 3d seismic, computer mapping programs etc, just can’t see. The Wilcox is the biggest thickest zone, but it is usually wet. Several small Wilcox fields are in Pawnee county, one is just south of Blackburn, on the blacktop a couple miles to the south. The Arbuckle, which is used as a disposal because it can pull a good vacuum, can produce oil and does just into Osage county. So Larry, there are several zones that can make people happy, it’s an ancient area and it holds many surprises

Chad, thank you for the information. We have a very small percentage in two wells sec 21-22-3e and sec 27-22-3e, which my dad had, we keep just for the sentimental value.

Does anyone know anything about TRU Exploration out of Denton, TX?

A little history of Tru Exploration.

http://www.rigzone.com/search/sites/TRU_Exploration_LLC__TRU_Operat…

Clint Liles

Thanks Clint. I think that might also be on their website. I am wondering if anyone has had them as operator of wells on their leases or know of their operating practices

Glenn What section ,township & range are we talking about ?

Hello to all, just join the group because of reading all the useful information provided. As known to most now that NGR has pulled out of Pawnee county has anyone heard the results of their auctions? I have one of the well sites they prepared to drill on right before they pulled out. I have heard there were two players in their auction, one offer was too low and there are negotiations proceeding with the second. Nothing hard to confirm with, just word of mouth. Any information would be helpful, just trying to find out what the story is since they have pulled out the way they did. Thanks, Glenn

Thanks Ron, I will bring that information with me and send it tomorrow if that works alright. Glenn

Glen, that would be 19, 20N 7E. This site is a mile west of the Jones #1H-20. Apparently, NGR had second thought about drilling there when the Jones #1H-20, drilled in 20, 20N 7E and the Jayne #1-21H, drilled in 21,20N 7E were found to produce only about 8-10 BOPD. It’s hard to justify the drilling costs at these production rates. I own some mineral interest in the Jones #1H-20. Getting about $500/month on the oil and gas but was hoping for a lot more.

Hello Ron;

I don’t have the legal location but it’s the well pad just north of the Jennings cemetery, I have the legal description at home right now.

thanks, Glenn

Not from there so I would need legal to try to find anything. Let me know and I’ll see .

Thanks for the information Curtis, I understand the economics and why they stopped. I have heard talk of drilling since they spent the money to build the drill pad. My thoughts are if they have decided to stop exploration I want to reclaim my land. I thought the legal grounds would be “abandonment of intent” with the contract. So my real question is if NGR has abandoned the lease then what grounds do I have to enforce NGR to clean up what they started?

Ron, to answer your question, the legal location is as Curtis stated. I appreciate any information you are able to provide.

Thanks to all, Glenn

Glenn, did NGR actually buy the the land on which the drill pad is situated? I would guess that was the case, since that is what they did for the wells a mile east of you. In that case, they would still own the land unless there was something in the contract about abandonment. In any case, I would guess that NGR would probably sell it back at considerably less than they paid for it, if they have no further use for it.

Curtis;

I signed a surface lease agreement only, I didn’t sell the land. I understand they still have a couple of years left on the lease (it a three year surface lease) but when it agreed and signed upon it was with the intent of drilling. Now that they have pulled out I am looking to see what my options are and if anyone else has seen this sort of situation within this group. Thanks, Glenn

hello Nick, thanks. There are agreements for restoration of land “after drilling” to return to “as is or better than” condition once completed, but now the completed pad/slush pond is just sitting there. With NGR pulling out I don’t want the land to remain as is so I thought I would start asking questions about other member experience’s. I don’t want to start any legal action until I have a better understanding. As for the time frame what is reasonable? This situation has been ongoing now since last November, again I don’t want to be unreasonable but I don’t want to lose out for not being pro-active either. thanks again for any help, Glenn

Glenn, The lease will speak to this hopefully. If the lease gives no time frame, I’m sure the state has deadlines that a landowner can impose. Also, it would depend if there is a surface damage agreement. If there are no credible drilling plans, the landowner should put the operator on notice immediately and demand to know what’s going on. I think NGR is trying to sell their leasehold and I am sure time will be needed for this to happen. If nothing happens within a reasonable amount of time you should, try to get them to admit they’re going to drill/not drill, and then let them know what is expected if they don’t plan to drill.

Hi, Everyone.

I have just found out that I am going to get a portion of the mineral rights in Pawnee County, Section 34, Township 23N, Range 3E. How do I find out if there is an oil well there, how long it’s been there, what its production is, etc.? Can anyone help me? Thanks. Ruth

Ruth,

The horizontally drilled, Petroquest, Laird #1-34H was completed in the Mississippian formation with 1st sales 12/13 and is listed as an active producer in the section. Total production through 3/13 is reported as 3,031 BBLS of oil & 1,288 MCF gas. Last volumes reported are for March 2013 and it sold 329 BBLS and 802 MCF for the month. I hope this helps.

Mitch, It looks like they have drilled and completed a salt water disposal well but, public source does not show their two planned horizontal producer have been reported as completed yet. Are they producing? They have permitted a Mississippi (#1H) AND a Woodford well (#2H).