Pawnee County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission website has production data for all producing wells as reported on the 300R form. This data is provided by the buyer of the oil. I looked up production data for oil bought by Sunoco from New Gulf Resources on all 6 of their producing wells in the Jennings-Hallett area. Unfortunately, the production data is listed by Sunoco Property # and unless you know the property number it is difficult to know which well is which. The property number is found on the division order. Since I knew the property number for the well on my property, the Jones #1H-20 located at 20 20N 7E, I was able to find production data for Oct. and Nov. Total reported production for Nov. was 534 barrels and increased to 697 barrels in Nov. I have since received my first check for the oil. Two new wells appeared on the Nov. listing. I suspect that they are the Jayne #1-21H and the Privett #1-12H. The Sunoco numbers for these wells were 076820 and 077571. The 076821 had an initial monthly production of 345 barrels while the 077571 produced 2,297 barrels. I suspect that the 2,297 figure is for the Privett well since the property number is higher and it was drilled later. This would make daily production 77 BOPD. NGR had previously reported production form the Jayne well as 20 BOPD. I noticed from the production data that these wells seem to decline rather rapidly after the first month or two. For example the 076129 showed an initial July total production of 5,978 barrels but by November the total monthly production was only 1,053 barrels. The two wells near Jennings do not appear very productive. NGR was preparing a new pad west of these wells but I have not noticed any new activity. I wonder if they are having second thoughts?

A week or so back, I commented that anyone who actually owns land in the area, needs to keep a close watch on machinery, or vehicles, as there has been many thieves, along with the legitimate oil and gas people about. Well…the very next day, we came up missing another old truck from our place, and after some sleuthing, found it at 108 Salvage, at their car crushing operation, on Hwy 108 South of Glencoe. Anyone missing cars, trucks or machinery, needs to call your local Sheriff dept. as Payne county has caught this thief, and found some other stolen items as well.

Steve,

congratulations on Payne County law enforcement catching the thief. Now to find a good cottonwood tree. Yep, I got the rope.

Clint Liles

I think Vickie is in the Privett 1-12.

New Gulf must like the area as they are being very sneaky by not filing completion reports on their new wells.

Noticed a new pad 4 mi west of Privett 1-12H.

Thanks for the incredibly interesting post, Curtis. That’s so much more information than we’ve seen.

I figured New Gulf was withholding poor performance in an effort to not spook potential investors. But I’d be happy with my 80 a of the Privett 1-12H at 77 bpd.

I was just offered $1600 per net acre for my lease on the Privett 1-12H. Glad I didn’t accept the offer. Thanks Curtis for the great information.

Nick, you are correct, that was a sales price from Ruthven Oil & Gas wanting to purchase my mineral interests. I already have signed a oil and gas lease with Eufaula/New Gulf.

Permits

Pawnee: Territory Resources LLC; Osburn No. 1-26 Well; SW1/4 NW1/4 SE1/4 NE1/4 of 26-23N-03E; TD 4,100.

Curtis:

I found the form 300R but keep getting zero search results. Would you be kind enough to offer instructions on how you found the records?

Andy, I have not had much luck using the search function for OCC well data. What I did was to use this link. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGProd.aspx

From the menu I selected the 300R option and entered the month (example 11/2012) Without entering any other data I clicked the search button. A long list was displayed. I then manually searched the list for the Sunoco Purchaser #, which is 21108-0. I clicked on this number which then pulled up a 117 page list of Oklahoma oil purchases by Sunoco during the month selected. I manually scanned this list, searching for the New Gulf Resources Operator #, which is 22815. As you can imagine this took quite a while. However, I discovered that all Sunoco purchases from NGR were displayed on pages 60-68, regardless of the month searched, which made the job easier. Here you will find the gross monthly production for each individual well. The problem is then figuring out which well is which. However, the Sonoco property #, which is listed, is also shown on the division order. You can also make educated guesses based on the month the well was first put on production. As of November, there were only 6 NGR wells listed.

Thanks Curtis! You are quite a sleuth! I was at the same location as the link but I kept trying to fill in all the boxes.

The list is interesting. Apparently Pawnee County is CNTY 117, and that is the first three digits of the Oklahoma Production Unit Number. The list is sorted on that number, newer wells seem to have newer numbers. All the wells are pages 60 to 68 because the data is summarized by CNTY (probably county) It will be easy to get future months’ data by going directly to the production unit number.

Now if I can just get a division order to establish for sure that 077571 is the Privett #1-12H. I need to look back over the emergency order to see if it has the Oklahoma Production Unit Number.

I have a little interest in well 1h-27 in section 27-22n-3e, it looks like a dry hole after fowing some oil in july and august. I would like to know if the next step is to refrack or put on artificail lift. Any recent history for horizontal wells in Pawnee County?

I think that many of the new horizontal wells in Pawnee County have been rather disappointing. Production declines have been rapid with some not producing at high levels to begin with. I own some mineral interests in the Jones #1H-20 located at 20 20N 7E. Initial monthly production results are as follows.

November production = 697 barrels

December production = 357 barrels

January production = 174 barrels

Given these production rates and the rapid decline it is difficult to see how these wells are going to pay out for the investors. Another well, drilled from the same pad, but into Section 21 seems to be producing similar results. New Gulf Resources began preparing another pad one mile west, even before testing and production of these two wells had begun. It has been several months now and I have not seen any intent to drill notification for this location. I suspect they may be having second thoughts.

Larry,

I assume you are an interest owner in the Lesh 1H-27, API: 35-117-23462. I do not find any completion information released.

Most likely artificial lift will be next, assuming they think they can recover the cost from production.

Pawnee: Petroquest Energy LLC; Laird No. 1-34H Well; NE1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 (SL) of 34-23N-03E; Horizontal Hole Oil. 113 BOD ,264,000 CF gas

noticed friday’s rig report showing Highmount has moved all 3 of their rigs from nobel county into pawnee county.

i rig for a disposal well. how big a problem is water percent of cut average.

can’t answer the question Larry - but hope somebody does. Looks like one of Highmount’s rigs is 3 sectons to the west of mine.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/0305017A.pdf

Larry Cotton

got a factoid about that RIPLEY section, it’s 1st well was done by another company a few years ago and played a big role in the recent interest in the area. Highmount bought it about 3+ years ago, about the time they began pursuing leases in the area.

highmont rig spud 1/15/2013, barnhart 1H-22N-3E SE 1/4 SW 1/4 SW 1/4 SE 1/4 API 117-23509.: SEC 31-22N-4E RIPLEY 31-3H SPUD 1/30/2013