Parshall East ward

I'm a mineral owner just east of Parshall in Mountrail Co, T151N R89W, lease was up just this past August, any leasing going on, I've never not had a lease and just wondering if anyone else has been contacted? Also wondering has anyone sold some minerals, if so, what are they offering maybe?

Hello, Mr. Yetter,

I'm also a royalty acreage owner in the same Township and Range of Mountrail County. I believe the dominant operator in the area is EOG. They have a news blackout for that vicinity, so it's very difficult, if not impossible, to find out anything going on there until they see fit to let any news out. I'm kind of frustrated myself, but patience seems to be the only solution. Perhaps checking daily with The North Dakota Oil and Gas Conservation Commision on their daily log page may give a hint of any developments in and around that township. That's what I've been doing, because EOG won't tell you a thing right now..............

Regards,

Ron Dilks

Thank you Ron, I know there is a well recently dug just south of me again, sec 26, I believe a myers well, confidental listing, by Vecto or something like that, the keep going around me, but yeah EOG was my last leaser, so how can they have such a thing as a news black out? Thank you for your help.Sy

Ron Dilks said:

Hello, Mr. Yetter,

I'm also a royalty acreage owner in the same Township and Range of Mountrail County. I believe the dominant operator in the area is EOG. They have a news blackout for that vicinity, so it's very difficult, if not impossible, to find out anything going on there until they see fit to let any news out. I'm kind of frustrated myself, but patience seems to be the only solution. Perhaps checking daily with The North Dakota Oil and Gas Conservation Commision on their daily log page may give a hint of any developments in and around that township. That's what I've been doing, because EOG won't tell you a thing right now..............

Regards,

Ron Dilks

Hello, again, Mr. Yetter,

I'm not absolutely sure of how this works, but I think an oil company such as EOG and others can apply either to the State or the County Recorders Office or both for a Confidentiality Agreement regarding any progress on Application for Permit, the granting of that Permit, or any development on the well after a Permit may have been approved. The reason for this type of Confidentiality Agreement is to make it fairer for the oil company in dealing with private landowners in the area as far as bonus fees for acreage is concerned. For example, Landowner "A" may have gotten $500 an acre for the acreage that he signed a lease agreement on. Landowner "B" then hears about that, so he wants as much if not more for his acreage when he is approached for a lease. The oil company would see this as being unfair to themselves in the negotiations, as it would give the landowners too much advantage in their asking prices per acre for the upfront bonus fee. The scene would be like "Gee, if Landowner "A" can get that much, I should be able to get that much too". The oil company would see this as unfair, so they apply for a Confidentiality Agreement that NO news on pricing per acre or any progress on a prospective well be let out until that progress has gone to a certain stage. Then, by law, they have to let any and all news out because of public investor interest. By THAT time, the development on that well by THAT company is now at the stage where leaking of information wouldn't hurt the company at all. Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct here, but the oil companies seem to use this tactic often when developing their leases in the early stages, and then lift the Confidentiality Agreement at the agreed upon time in their application to the County or State. This then could be a good thing for investors like us because when the news is finally released, there is alot of it because of the several developments that took place during the "blackout". So, for us, it takes patience as investors wondering when we will get our first royalty checks. EOG does this quite a bit across all their wells in North Dakota, Colorado, and Wyoming. They probably use this same tactic in South Texas also. Hope this helps.......Maybe a Land Attorney or someone with alot of experience can shed more light on what I've said. Let me know if you hear anything substantial, as I have interest in this Township and Range as well.

Regards,

Ron Dilks

S. Yetter said:

Thank you Ron, I know there is a well recently dug just south of me again, sec 26, I believe a myers well, confidental listing, by Vecto or something like that, the keep going around me, but yeah EOG was my last leaser, so how can they have such a thing as a news black out? Thank you for your help.Sy

Ron Dilks said:

Hello, Mr. Yetter,

Regards,

Ron Dilks

Thank You Mr. Dilks, so far you are the wealth of information for me here, again I thank you so much. I've tried calling a few companies, but it's either no right off or maybe a call back in a few weeks. I know there is politics involved, the infostructure isn't near me yet, they are drilling as much of the old leases as possible, I hear so much, If and I say 'IF' I was to sell a percentage of my minerals, like 10 percent of what I have, about 16 acres, do you know of a good 'Guesstiment', of maybe what minerals might sell for? I sold my land about 15 yrs ago, didn't want to, but my situration living there was terrible and so I finally sold, I got 500 bucks an acre, tha latest land sale I heard was almost 2000 an acre now, I understood that minerals sometimes sold for about 3-4 times the realestate value, do you think this is true, or what would an idea of mineral acres now go for? Thanks much, Sy

Ron Dilks said:

I'm not absolutely sure of how this works, but I think an oil company such as EOG and others can apply either to the State or the County Recorders Office or both for a Confidentiality Agreement regarding any progress on Application for Permit, the granting of that Permit, or any development on the well after a Permit may have been approved. The reason for this type of Confidentiality Agreement is to make it fairer for the oil company in dealing with private landowners in the area as far as bonus fees for acreage is concerned. For example, Landowner "A" may have gotten $500 an acre for the acreage that he signed a lease agreement on. Landowner "B" then hears about that, so he wants as much if not more for his acreage when he is approached for a lease. The oil company would see this as being unfair to themselves in the negotiations, as it would give the landowners too much advantage in their asking prices per acre for the upfront bonus fee. The scene would be like "Gee, if Landowner "A" can get that much, I should be able to get that much too". The oil company would see this as unfair, so they apply for a Confidentiality Agreement that NO news on pricing per acre or any progress on a prospective well be let out until that progress has gone to a certain stage. Then, by law, they have to let any and all news out because of public investor interest. By THAT time, the development on that well by THAT company is now at the stage where leaking of information wouldn't hurt the company at all. Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct here, but the oil companies seem to use this tactic often when developing their leases in the early stages, and then lift the Confidentiality Agreement at the agreed upon time in their application to the County or State. This then could be a good thing for investors like us because when the news is finally released, there is alot of it because of the several developments that took place during the "blackout". So, for us, it takes patience as investors wondering when we will get our first royalty checks. EOG does this quite a bit across all their wells in North Dakota, Colorado, and Wyoming. They probably use this same tactic in South Texas also. Hope this helps.......Maybe a Land Attorney or someone with alot of experience can shed more light on what I've said. Let me know if you hear anything substantial, as I have interest in this Township and Range as well.

Regards,

Ron Dilks

S. Yetter said:

Ron Dilks said:

Hello, Mr. Yetter,

Regards,

Ron Dilks

S. Yetter said:

Thank You Mr. Dilks, so far you are the wealth of information for me here, again I thank you so much. I've tried calling a few companies, but it's either no right off or maybe a call back in a few weeks. I know there is politics involved, the infostructure isn't near me yet, they are drilling as much of the old leases as possible, I hear so much, If and I say 'IF' I was to sell a percentage of my minerals, like 10 percent of what I have, about 16 acres, do you know of a good 'Guesstiment', of maybe what minerals might sell for? I sold my land about 15 yrs ago, didn't want to, but my situration living there was terrible and so I finally sold, I got 500 bucks an acre, tha latest land sale I heard was almost 2000 an acre now, I understood that minerals sometimes sold for about 3-4 times the realestate value, do you think this is true, or what would an idea of mineral acres now go for? Thanks much, Sy

Ron Dilks said:

Regards,

Ron Dilks

S. Yetter said:

Ron Dilks said:

Hello, Mr. Yetter,

Regards,

Ron Dilks

Good Morning,

Well it's about a year later, wondering if anyone can bring me up to speed on what's going on in my area of the Bakken, still no lease offeres and again I am enteraining the possibility of selling a percentage of my minerals, about 10 percent worth which about 16 mineral acres of what i own, wondering what minerals might be going for these days, also if by chance, there was as gentleman from outside of minot that inquired last time about possibly purchasing, sadly my computer crash and I didn't have anything written down, so I could not get back to ya, sorry about that. Anyways, would appreciate any info, thanks much, I hate to sell, its all I got left, except for our home in Zap, ND, which we are thinking we're going to have to leave, it's just too expensive for us to live on just one income and my situation has not changed, I can't get disability or any help what so ever, so that's how it is, Ok, thanks, Sy

Hi, My mineral rights are in 157N 90E. We just had a good offer from Doug Anacreonto 813-425-2010 at Capitol Placements LLC on of mineral rights. He is buying from my cousin, I believe. His was the highest offer he received. If you want to email me direct at mjburton67@yahoo.com I can give you more info.

Judy

S. Yetter said:

Good Morning,

Well it's about a year later, wondering if anyone can bring me up to speed on what's going on in my area of the Bakken, still no lease offeres and again I am enteraining the possibility of selling a percentage of my minerals, about 10 percent worth which about 16 mineral acres of what i own, wondering what minerals might be going for these days, also if by chance, there was as gentleman from outside of minot that inquired last time about possibly purchasing, sadly my computer crash and I didn't have anything written down, so I could not get back to ya, sorry about that. Anyways, would appreciate any info, thanks much, I hate to sell, its all I got left, except for our home in Zap, ND, which we are thinking we're going to have to leave, it's just too expensive for us to live on just one income and my situation has not changed, I can't get disability or any help what so ever, so that's how it is, Ok, thanks, Sy

Howdy, Ok it's 2 yrs later now since I posted this first enquiry, wondering if anyone knows of any recent leasing east of Parshall? I'm in Banner Township and wondering again what a mineral acre is valued at? Anyone know of how to get an evaluation of ones mineral acres? Thanks, Sy