Paperwork for new ownership

My mom has recently passed away. I am wondering what paperwork I need to file to change ownership.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeannie Hartman

Jeannie:

Sorry for your loss.

Much of this depends on how the property was held, it was in a trust, and/or whether your mother had a Will. Or your mother might have had a transfer on death deed. Most often this will require a probate.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

1 Like

My mom did not have any of that. It is just myself and my sister. She lived with me so I have all the records of property she owned.

If she did not have a Will, the cleanest option for minerals that produce income is usually a probate. If the minerals are not producing income (or very little income) then an affidavit of heirship may be the best route.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.