Oxy - help for non pay

Does anyone have contact info for oxy ri owners/relations

I have 713-215-7231 all it is ,is an answering machine.

I have been trying to contact them for a month , they will not return my calls or e-mails.

The checks have been cut in half,for the last 5 months then for dec/2013 0 no payment.

nothing has changed ,div. orders ect owner,ect

This is on two large units that are still producing.

ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS TROUBLE??? WITH OXY for non pay???

Thanks for any info

Have you checked production records at the RRC to see if the wells were shut in for some reason?

Wade thanks for your reply

Yes I have and production for oct ,nov, dec,is in line with the rest of the year.

They seem to have very poor customer service

we did not get jan. ri payment either so two months of ri payments big zero .

any ideas ?

I have had companies suspend royalties for poorly perceived title issues with no notice. The payments just stopped. Also when production is sold. The new company took 6 months to start payments because the secretary was overworked. Blah, blah, blah. The default mode for most companies wanting to hold onto your money is to suspend payments. There are a thousand reasons they use as excuses.

The best way to get their attention is a certified mail, formal looking demand letter. Read your lease first, though, as it usually has provisions about how and where to send notices. If you can afford it, a demand letter on an attorneys letterhead is even better.

thanks Wade

Finally made contact What a hot mess . occidental is saying the ri owners have been over payed

and they are withholding payment till the over payment is taken care of . they say it has to do with being included in a unit or not in a unit . that our group is non signers to be included in the unit. they offered no accounting of this amount we owe or the ri decimal -if included and not included

all this goes back to Estate div. orders in the 1990s

also we have a wi interest in these wells smaller decimal than ri

sounds like we are getting hosed over by big oil .

I only want what is our fair amount

Any advise know any good Oil and Gas attorneys

LLoyd,

If I was in your shoes I would be using Wade Caldwell to help me with the 'hot mess'. Oil and gas is his specialty.

http://www.beclaw.com/

Clint Liles

lloyd gary said:

thanks Wade

Finally made contact What a hot mess . occidental is saying the ri owners have been over payed

and they are withholding payment till the over payment is taken care of . they say it has to do with being included in a unit or not in a unit . that our group is non signers to be included in the unit. they offered no accounting of this amount we owe or the ri decimal -if included and not included

all this goes back to Estate div. orders in the 1990s

also we have a wi interest in these wells smaller decimal than ri

sounds like we are getting hosed over by big oil .

I only want what is our fair amount

Any advise know any good Oil and Gas attorneys

thanks clint

I will talk with the other ri/wi owners/family members on this to see how they want to proceed.

I’m in a ‘somewhat’ similar situation in that I cannot get Oxy to return a call on an important matter related to royalty payments. How did you finally get a response? Appreciate any and all advice!